Re: What do we need for 4.10 ?

Postby Danimal » 13 Jun 2013, 12:57

Kudos to you! its nice to see you didnt dissapear
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Bodsda » 02 Jul 2013, 11:55

Hey guys, how are we all?
It's been a while since I was active on this project and I'd like to get back into it.

I'll have a crack at cross compiling CEGUI tonight

Bodsda
Bodsda
OD Moderator

Postby Skorpio » 02 Jul 2013, 14:57

Hey Bodsda, nice to see you again! :) I'm currently inactive, too busy with 2D stuff, but I'm still around. Now only Svenskmand and Andrew Buck have to return and we're complete again. ;) Oh and Stefan, but he deleted his account, so I guess he won't come back.
Skorpio
OD Moderator

Postby Bodsda » 03 Jul 2013, 11:47

Cool, good to see this is still alive.
I was planning on trying the CEGUI cross compile last night, but I instead opted for testing the build on Ubuntu. It seems there are some issues with Angelscript - I'll post the error I got when I get home but it's a weird one. It is complaining about references to undefined functions but according to AS changelogs those functions were added as globals during the 2.4.0 release. I'm guessing were missing something in cmake that adds these but unfortunately I've got no cmake experience at all
Bodsda
OD Moderator

Postby paul424 » 03 Jul 2013, 14:34

LIKE THIS ? :
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
/usr/include/c++/4.7/bits/c++0x_warning.h:32:2: error: #error This file requires compiler and library support for the ISO C++ 2011 standard. This support is currently experimental, and must be enabled with the -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 compiler options.

Use cmake-gui -> "cmake tab" set proper flags/
Last edited by paul424 on 03 Jul 2013, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby domtron » 03 Jul 2013, 14:35

Hi there, I was having the same problems. I posted most of my problems here(I've already worked on it for 5-6 hours): viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4601
Highlights are: libboost 1.49 or higher, G++ 4.7 or higher, ogre 1.8.1(I'm currently working on this last one)
I'm currently reworking the download wiki page and will soon post it. If you find a deb package for ogre 1.8.1 that naturally works with OD build please post it in the wiki maintenance topic so I can add it to the build instructions..
domtron

Postby Bodsda » 03 Jul 2013, 16:18

domtron {l Wrote}:Hi there, I was having the same problems. I posted most of my problems here(I've already worked on it for 5-6 hours): viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4601
Highlights are: libboost 1.49 or higher, G++ 4.7 or higher, ogre 1.8.1(I'm currently working on this last one)
I'm currently reworking the download wiki page and will soon post it. If you find a deb package for ogre 1.8.1 that naturally works with OD build please post it in the wiki maintenance topic so I can add it to the build instructions..

Great minds...
I've been working on - http://opendungeons.sourceforge.net/w/i ... escription

I've got the compilation working with ogre1-7.3 but I then get a runtime error so I might have to try 1.8.1 -
I'm running libboost1.46 but I'm not getting any runtime or compile time errors relating to that library
I appear to have G++ 4.5 and 4.6 installed

Are these any good?
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/p ... 1_i386.deb
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/p ... 1_i386.deb

EDIT: Looks like my vm is very out of date - gonna clean build dirs, upgrade and try again
Bodsda
OD Moderator

Postby domtron » 03 Jul 2013, 19:05

Bodsda, I like the idea of putting the detailed build instructions on a separate page, but I don't think we need duplicate instructions for getting the source and media files. We could replace the detailed instructions on the download page with a list of links to detailed instructions for different OS versions.
Last edited by domtron on 04 Jul 2013, 00:35, edited 1 time in total.
domtron

Postby Bodsda » 03 Jul 2013, 23:53

domtron {l Wrote}:I just posted my changes to the download wiki page. If anyone has time to read through and make comments it would be appreciated. Bodsda, I like the idea of putting the detailed build instructions on a separate page, but I don't think we need duplicate instructions for getting the source and media files. We could replace the detailed instructions on the download page with a list of links to detailed instructions for different OS versions.

I wasn't planning on duplicating, after I'm finished with the detailed instructions I was going to remove all other references for an ubuntu build. I'll also attempt a 'core components from source' to detail build instructions of ogre, cegui, sfml, boost etc. although whether I'll actually get around to that is a different matter :)
Bodsda
OD Moderator

Postby domtron » 04 Jul 2013, 00:51

Bodsda {l Wrote}: I'll also attempt a 'core components from source' to detail build instructions of ogre, cegui, sfml, boost etc. although whether I'll actually get around to that is a different matter :)

I don't think that is necessary for the ones that already have detailed guides on how to build(I know ogre does) unless the instructions are really short(configure-make-make install short) then that would be good to keep down the number of browser pages needed to build OD :P
domtron

Postby Bodsda » 04 Jul 2013, 07:47

domtron {l Wrote}:
Bodsda {l Wrote}: I'll also attempt a 'core components from source' to detail build instructions of ogre, cegui, sfml, boost etc. although whether I'll actually get around to that is a different matter :)

I don't think that is necessary for the ones that already have detailed guides on how to build(I know ogre does) unless the instructions are really short(configure-make-make install short) then that would be good to keep down the number of browser pages needed to build OD :P

It just seems that one of the main problems people face when testing OD is build failures. If I can get a comprehensive set of instructions and prove they work, then more people will be able to test and contribute
Bodsda
OD Moderator

Postby domtron » 04 Jul 2013, 15:25

sounds good to me. I'd help but my desktop is currently down. do you just use virtual box as your vm or something else?
domtron

Postby svenskmand » 04 Jul 2013, 23:35

Remember that I made ubuntu and windows build scripts to make tarballs and compile the game once upon a time. You can proably update them to work with the new codebase :)
Jamendo.com - The best music store on the net, uses CC licenses.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby domtron » 05 Jul 2013, 03:55

Those are much nicer then the one (that was) on the wiki. The comments/echo'ed portion of the ODBuild.sh seems to indicate that libogre is being pulled from the Andrew Fenn PPA. Is the Andrew Fenn PPA set up by one of our dev members, and does it contain a special version of ogre specific to OD's needs, or is it used for some of the other packages listed?
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
 echo "If you get an error then check if you have added the Andrew Fenn PPA and install all needed packages. You can do all of that by:"
echo "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:andrewfenn/ogredev"
echo "sudo apt-get update"
echo "sudo apt-get install subversion git cmake build-essential libois-dev libogre-dev libcegui libcegui-dbg libcegui-dev libfreeimage3-dbg libsfml-dev libopenal-dev"
domtron

Postby oln » 05 Jul 2013, 07:31

I doubt they'll work, as they very outdated. The PPA was used when ogre 1.7 was not yet in the ubuntu repos. But it hasn't been updated since. And dev branch is now changed to use 1.8 as it's the latest version.
oln

Postby Bodsda » 05 Jul 2013, 09:45

domtron {l Wrote}:sounds good to me. I'd help but my desktop is currently down. do you just use virtual box as your vm or something else?

Yep, virtualbox - I've successfully got the game running in it before (a few years ago) so it should work - or it should at least build without an issue
Bodsda
OD Moderator