New Programmers for OD

New Programmers for OD

Postby paul424 » 18 Aug 2012, 10:14

Everyone's sure we need to get a new programmers, but no one does anything to get them . Best would be having nice presentations at sites where hobbysit (game ) programmers hang out - that is gamasutra , gamedev, reddit, uhh where else ... :P ..... In here I will try to setup with you a nice info about OD , and then we could repost it to appropraite sites. Do we want a wiki article about OD ? Hmm many small games already have one ...
paul424
OD Moderator

Re: New Programmers for OD

Postby Skorpio » 19 Aug 2012, 12:48

The best way to get more developers would be to turn OD into an actual game, rather than a tech demo, and improve the graphics. How can we make OD more interesting? We have already mission goals, some rooms and enough creatures for a simple game, but I think without an enemy who's trying to beat you, it is rather pointless. I guess with a better AI and mission design we could already make a basic game. Maybe we could do something like a simple tower defense/offense version with creatures and traps, although that's not really my favorite genre. Now that I think of it, Dungeon Keeper actually is pretty similar to tower defense games. First you defend your dungeon from the heroes, then you become the attacker and conquer the area.
On the graphics side, better lighting and the implementation of the new tile set should have the highest priority.
Skorpio
OD Moderator

Postby Skorpio » 21 Aug 2012, 18:49

Of course if someone wants to post some ads on other sites please feel free to do so. Maybe just link to our about page and ask if somebody wants to help us. Should we maybe add some pics of the wip creatures and new tiles to the about page?

Paul, have you already asked for help anywhere?
Skorpio
OD Moderator

Postby paul424 » 21 Aug 2012, 21:52

Well , I actually wrote a word or two about OD when asking about new Event System on gamasutra and gamestackoverflow ( or what's it's name) (and that we need programmers).
Also, I answered LeeJames post, offering help with game's music on reddit/r/gamedevelop ( or what's it's name) . Besides that I haven;'t asked for new programmers on behalf of OD.
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby svenskmand » 23 Aug 2012, 23:49

More pictures would be nice :)
Jamendo.com - The best music store on the net, uses CC licenses.
svenskmand
OD Moderator