Pterodactyl: a game server management system

Pterodactyl: a game server management system

Postby Julius » 31 May 2019, 21:41

https://pterodactyl.io/

Pterodactyl is the open-source game server management panel built with PHP7, Nodejs, and Go. Designed with security in mind, Pterodactyl runs all game servers in isolated Docker containers while exposing a beautiful and intuitive UI to administrators and users. Stop wasting time fiddling with other systems — make game servers a first class citizen on your platform.

Seems like a pretty cool system and IMHO Docker containers are a pretty cool way for easily hosting multiplayer game servers.

I am tempted to install it to try it out (Xonotic for example has nice Docker images for running a server), but I don't really see myself hosting many games on my small root server for a longer period.

But If there is significant interest from some of the developers here to set up a shared game server (including willingness to share costs of renting it), I would definitely look into it in more detail.
Julius
Community Moderator

Re: Pterodactyl: a game server management system

Postby Jastiv » 07 Jun 2019, 17:16

I havn't played around much with docker, but a dedicated server for wograld is something I am looking into for Wograld. (since it is a client/server game but doesn't really have the easy setup of something like neverwinter nights did)
Jastiv