Ambient sounds

Ambient sounds

Postby Skorpio » 27 Aug 2010, 14:56

Here's my first attempt at an ambient sound. What do you think?

Svenskmand have you recorded some new sounds? I really need more free samples. Does anyone know where I can find free sounds besides Opengameart?
Attachments
Ambient1C.flac
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 464 times
Skorpio
OD Moderator

Re: Ambient sounds

Postby svenskmand » 27 Aug 2010, 20:13

Skorpio {l Wrote}:Here's my first attempt at an ambient sound. What do you think?

I sounds pretty ok, the ambient sound which is through out the track is pretty good, but I do not know if it is perfect for a dungeon. But I think it is pretty good for at first try :) How did you make it (I take it you used Reason, but how did you generate the sounds?)
Skorpio {l Wrote}:Svenskmand have you recorded some new sounds? I really need more free samples. Does anyone know where I can find free sounds besides Opengameart?

If you compile a list of what you need I can begin to make some sounds. I might also give the ambient sounds a try myself at some point :)
Jamendo.com - The best music store on the net, uses CC licenses.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby Skorpio » 29 Aug 2010, 13:04

The most sounds are generated with a synthesizer and some recorded with my crappy headset mic. ;)

Why don't you just record all sounds that you hear in the vicinity and upload them to Opengameart?
Skorpio
OD Moderator

Postby svenskmand » 29 Aug 2010, 23:52

Skorpio {l Wrote}:The most sounds are generated with a synthesizer and some recorded with my crappy headset mic. ;)

Why don't you just record all sounds that you hear in the vicinity and upload them to Opengameart?

Well I am much better at creating/making a specific sound, than recording stuff that might be useful :S
Jamendo.com - The best music store on the net, uses CC licenses.
svenskmand
OD Moderator