Hi Bertram, i like your news,
; i cant help but think we are lateral workers
always branching here and there (its not a bad thing given how few we are)
- I'll then add a map parameter for the normal music and the fighting! music.
I see this as a biomes music precursor
Questions about sounds/music:
The creature pickup sound is currently a click sound.
The creature drop sound is currently a build room sound.
Ok, new different ones for these. Can a different one per each species (maybe a special one for specific creatures?) be possible? look below
The dig select/unselect sound is also a click.
-> i will look for a pickaxe sound
- Do you want to find new ones fitting per default on creatures?
i can think on a few general classifications, going like :
insects, reptile, small monster (creeps), medium monster, big monster, humanoid monster, male human, big male human, female human and a few special for creatures like slime, pirate...
Creatures could use them at ramdom depending on whcih class they belong and the action (cries, battle, death...)
Ex: Adventurer and swordman uses "male human" voice set; dragon/wivern/snakeman uses "reptile set", spider/roach/kreatur "insect set"; barbarian/knigth/king uses "big male human" set and so on...
This opens an interesting path; each creature could have 3 class/attributes they belong to:Species
- like above (it would include happy, sad, pain, death, cries sounds)Walk sounds
- insect; ligth walker; medium walker; heavy walker; armored walker, FlierAttack sounds
- unarmed/claws; basher; cutter ; magical; ranged -> since attacks will become skills eventually, sounds could be added to them; except for basic attack skill, which would use this classification to make each creature have the corresponding sound to its basic weapon. While each skill would have a unique sound (fireball -> Woshh; granade -> boom!) that is cross species and only related to its own skill
Ex: spider uses "unarmed/claws" sound for it basic attack skill, adventurer "cutter", if both have the fireball skill, the Woshh sound is linked to fireball and the same for everyone which access to that skillMonster class-specific "pain sound" could be used as the new pick up/drop sounds
(at ramdom as well)
So an adventurer would be a "male human", "medium walker", "cutter" and play ramdomly sounds on those categories as needed
- Do you want other click sounds (as it seems listed)?
Only one for gui clicking, no more is neeed, it would be confusing having a different sound pushing the same exact button.
- Do you want a different sound per room/trap build?
No, perhaps two, one for all rooms (the new one) and a new one for all traps ( i can imagine some kind of workshop-like sound)
Remember spells will all have a different sound.