I am willing to compose the music for this game..

I am willing to compose the music for this game..

Postby LeeJamesMusic » 08 Aug 2012, 17:19

I am willing to compose the music for this game (Under the Creative Commons licence)

http://leejames.bandcamp.com/

I was actually talking with someone on Reddit about this..

Where do we go from here?

(Also- these voice acting lines you need doing.. Do you want them in an English accent? I can do them for you if so.)
LeeJamesMusic

Re: I am willing to compose the music for this game..

Postby paul424 » 09 Aug 2012, 19:24

That's great to have some feedback from new artist. Little word for others ; it's me who responded to leejames reddit's ad :) Leejames has quite nice portofilio and ... yeah we will see what would he do ;). The OD is quite stalled , and some desperados keep adding the code ( like me ;) ) , what else .... I am not a main developer ,nor I can grant you acess to contents repo, but oln and the crew read this from time to time ..... What is your thought of creating dynamic music ? It would be composed during gameplay , basing on what's happening in the game. The music should be divided in some repeatable chunks. How to match such two chunks ? IMHO: Either we can make some pause in music , second is mixing two chunks , third is the chunks would match each other so the player wouldn't notice the begin of new chunk ... :P .

Thing is I work for a few months and I am not the person to decide on artistical outfit of the game, As to the dialogs I will post some examples in a while .....
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby svenskmand » 10 Aug 2012, 15:52

I would recommend that you read the first handful of threads in the Sound & Music sub-forum.
Jamendo.com - The best music store on the net, uses CC licenses.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby paul424 » 11 Aug 2012, 20:41

Here's my orginal acting aliance forum post, : http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/showthread.php?80540-Hi-from-opendungeons-team-!-Voice-Actor-Actress-Actors-needed

Can you recrod those example monologs ? :

"Keeper , our treasury is shrinking, better do something , King of Germania refuses bail-out ! "
"You need more gold to do this !"
"We are under attack ! "
"Your mana is going to explode !"
"Bloody bath from Quake .... stop wasting our monsters, you fool!"
"Another creature is leaving your dungeon..... Hey, the last monster turns the lights off ! "
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 13 Aug 2012, 19:59

hehe, i like that quotes, especially the lights offs one, you see i log from time to time, but zero activity or progess dont make me wanna to comite the least bit, 2 months and no new build for example
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby svenskmand » 16 Aug 2012, 23:29

Danimal: Well if you spent more time working on the project than bitching about how slow it is going, then maybe we would get more stuff done :P

Remember nobody gets paid for doing this, we spend our free time on this project and it is a hobby for us, and that means we work on it when we have time, and when we feel like it. If you want to chip in then you are very welcome :D But bitching about how slow it goes does not make it go any faster.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 19 Aug 2012, 10:31

is not the slowness but the lingering feeling this project will die of starvation soon
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby svenskmand » 19 Aug 2012, 14:01

Well I will always be here, so it will not die, I guarantee that :)
svenskmand
OD Moderator