Want free music?

Want free music?

Postby GPeoples » 08 Mar 2011, 06:11

Someone suggested that I post this offer in the Featured projects forums:

Hi all

I'm starting out with a (very very) small business, making music for all sorts of projects; music for advertisements, short films and so on - including computer games. I'd like to get my name out there a little and chalk up some bragging rights, so Id be happy to make some music for free, for a good game project.

I have a website where I peddle my wares, and you might get some idea of the kind of thing I can do for you (although admittedly none of the samples there are really game related). Have a look at Theme Music NZ, and if you have a game project that needs music, let me know.
GPeoples

Re: Want free music?

Postby svenskmand » 08 Mar 2011, 09:19

As long as your ok with licensing you work under CC-BY-SA 3.0 then I wish you welcome aboard on our project :)

You samples sound very nice :), if want to get started I have an assignment for you - although it is a bit open. If you want to give it a go right away we need some background music here in the alpha phase to show off our new sound engine, right now we do not have any specific directions about how the music for each of the 6 factions should sound. But you could experiment a bit with this track for the alpha to get into it and then we can discuss who to proceed to get the right atmosphere in the game. The original Dungeon Keeper had some great music which you can listen to here http://gamemusic.wordpress.com/2009/11/01/dungeon-keeper/ (be patient the download link is very slow it seems to be capped at 50 KiB/s)

It is especially tracks 2, 3, 4 and 5 that I like, these are used in-game in the old Dungeon Keeper. If you decide to do it then share it on the forums, then license it as CC-BY-SA 3.0. If you could do the same style but maybe spice it up a bit with some more melody that would be nice :)

Remember that you should of course only find inspiration in the old Dungeon keeper sound track, we want to be original, but I think that it gives a good idea of the style of the sound.

Also bragging rights can get you far :) and I expect OpenDungeons to be one of the best open source games out there, when we are finished :)
Jamendo.com - The best music store on the net, uses CC licenses.
svenskmand
OD Moderator