The "Lets get ready the rooms models" topic

Re: The "Lets get ready the rooms models" topic

Postby Bertram » 16 Jun 2014, 18:16

Hi Danimal :)

Bookshelf: bigger and changed position, i need your confirmation its now closer to the wall

The best is to let you judge:
ODscreenshot_1.png

Now, the podium and the bookcase are placed at random on the central active spots.

As for the hatchery, I'm wondering.
Do you prefer having only one coop on the room center, or do you want one on each center active spots?

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Danimal » 17 Jun 2014, 00:49

They are still the same..., ill re-export them tomorrow. Put a chicken coop on each center active spots,i think it will look better that way
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 17 Jun 2014, 16:22

I'll add the hatchery base code + icon asap.
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Danimal » 17 Jun 2014, 18:35

I'll add the hatchery base code + icon asap.

Cool :) , Ikea doesnt even come close to us into dungeon decoration skills

I made two new attempts in different ways, but its hard to me to see the models after conversion; i think you should try the second attempt before the first one since i have more faith in the result of that one. If it works, there is still the matter of the bookshelf clipping into the wall, ill await your test for more refining.
Attachments
Bookshelf 1st try.zip
(756.51 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
Bookshelf 2nd try.zip
(756.56 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 17 Jun 2014, 21:41

Silly me, today i discovered i can try the textures by renaming the ones in the game folder; so i reworked the texture for Dormitory to be less colorful and prepared a new texture for treasury (thank Nobix for his awesome textures), this one has normal map and reflection map so ill need your input again on how it looks applied. I also noticed on how many places the treasury texture is used (heart and portal floor,and some rooms),but thats a matter of making new models for them that cover their entire floor ground, also this texture looks really nice! :D
Attachments
Dormitory_texture.zip
(441.97 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
Treasury_tile.zip
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 299 times
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 22 Jun 2014, 19:21

i dont want to force anyone, but did someone try out the new model?
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby paul424 » 22 Jun 2014, 19:34

Let me stay with coding ... seems the Bertram would have the last word. Sorry I work on something diffrent , this ain't in any repo that I could do some quick checkout ... IF you really want to show something , record it and paste onto youtube ... hmm that's my advice ... :) , in the end we could have more video materials to show them to people :) >
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 22 Jun 2014, 21:50

Hi there, :)

I've pushed the bookshelf 2nd try, and the new dormitory texture on github.

ODscreenshot_3.png

The new treasury texture looks good, but the portal and temple are also using it. Should I push it anyway?

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Danimal » 22 Jun 2014, 22:20

It looks better than the previous one, should i create a texture specific to temple and portal so they dont share?
Also as i told before the solution on the long run should be a model that covers all tiles below itself, Elvano already got that with the Heart, i also found a good concept for the portal.
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 23 Jun 2014, 09:34

Hi,

Ok. Shall I push the new texture then?
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Danimal » 23 Jun 2014, 10:02

Please do so, i take full responsability to any complain. Also, we should convince Elvano to release the heart no matter what state is in.
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 23 Jun 2014, 11:35

Ok. :)
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Danimal » 27 Jun 2014, 16:52

I have thinking what to get for use in the torture room, but i could use some help. So i far i have clear that all torture machines need to be big and cover the creature model, so no extra animations are needed for each model, only for the machine while working. My ideas so far:

Mechanical iron maiden: a metal vertical coffin with holes and some machine rotating around and thrusting a row of spikes into it
Acid bath: a pool full of acid
Washing machine of death
Crematory furnace
Compacting machine

Has someone seen any "Saw" movies lately?
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 28 Jun 2014, 00:14

New gold stacks almost ready, i think it came out really sweet! and they dont have normals or refractions yet!, some pics of the biggest stack:
Attachments
Goldstack all.png
Goldstack lv4.png
Goldstack lv4-2.png
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Elvano » 29 Jun 2014, 18:45

The gold looks nice. I'd love to see it with some bump/normal mapping.
I also like the bag texture alot
Elvano~
Elvano

Postby Dm3d » 29 Jun 2014, 20:01

Danimal {l Wrote}:I have thinking what to get for use in the torture room, but i could use some help. So i far i have clear that all torture machines need to be big and cover the creature model, so no extra animations are needed for each model, only for the machine while working. My ideas so far:

Mechanical iron maiden: a metal vertical coffin with holes and some machine rotating around and thrusting a row of spikes into it
Acid bath: a pool full of acid
Washing machine of death
Crematory furnace
Compacting machine

Has someone seen any "Saw" movies lately?

limiting torture devices to ones that fully encase ceature will undoubtedly save on animation work,but It'll also hurt us in the "One Size Fit's All" area where more open devices could shine . I think we could still use devices like the wheel and slip by with minimal animation (single frame character pose or tpose for the wheel for now). :twisted: maybe reimagined versions of the "brazen bull" and the "Spanish Mantle" (with an mask covering where the head sticks out)?

Danimal {l Wrote}:New gold stacks almost ready, i think it came out really sweet! and they dont have normals or refractions yet!, some pics of the biggest stack:

A tremendous improvement over the current gold model. excellent work!
Dm3d

Postby Danimal » 29 Jun 2014, 21:01

You made me remember most models have a "being hurt" animation, looping that one enables open torture machines and maybe even horizontal ones by changing model orientation by code. But i still cant picture any good torture machine.
Spanish mantle is more or less what i was thinking with "mechanical iron maiden" we sure were bastards on the middle ages...

So does anyone have some kind of concept or idea? the only requisites is to be doable, look evil and painful. We will need at least 2 for wall and 2 for room center spots.

So far:
Wheel for wall (water at bottom?)

Mechanical iron maiden for center
Table with saws and hammers for center
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Akien » 29 Jun 2014, 21:09

Danimal {l Wrote}:New gold stacks almost ready, i think it came out really sweet! and they dont have normals or refractions yet!, some pics of the biggest stack:

Those gold stacks look really nice, well done!

I'm only a bit concerned that some maniacs like me would focus on the fact that the necklace with a big emerald would be way too heavy to stay where it is on the edge of the sack. Maybe you could bury the top part of the necklace into the gold coins, so that it's plausible that their weight compensate the emerald's? It's no big deal though, I'm pretty sure that it won't look "strange" in-game, even for physics maniacs :-p
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Postby Danimal » 29 Jun 2014, 21:11

i was thinking the same... guess ill bury it
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Dm3d » 29 Jun 2014, 22:09

Danimal {l Wrote}:You made me remember most models have a "being hurt" animation, looping that one enables open torture machines and maybe even horizontal ones by changing model orientation by code.

and if the hurt animation clips way to much, we could always throw a single frame place holder animation.

Danimal {l Wrote}:But i still cant picture any good torture machine.
Spanish mantle is more or less what i was thinking with "mechanical iron maiden" we sure were bastards on the middle ages...

So does anyone have some kind of concept or idea? the only requisites is to be doable, look evil and painful. We will need at least 2 for wall and 2 for room center spots.

well, we probably don't want anything too gruesome(a hard line to tread considering the subject). but, maybe some kind of water torture(a restraining table with a small spigot protruding from the floor/under the table up to where the head is and it drips occasionally). maybe a device that uses some kinda of magic? :lol: and there's always this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iet33fqk9OE.

"we sure were bastards on the middle ages..."
I have to agree with that assessment :( .
Dm3d

Postby paul424 » 29 Jun 2014, 22:29

What torturing lazy developers ? ? ? Aren't you too fanatic about this project ?
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Dm3d » 29 Jun 2014, 23:03

paul424 {l Wrote}:What torturing lazy developers ? ? ? Aren't you too fanatic about this project ?

so a torure device that's a computer desk with leg chains? hmm, would work for most of the humanoid creatures, but there's also creatures without fingers to consider. well, I haven't gotten the Open Dungeons logo tattooed on my arm, :think: yet...
Dm3d

Postby Danimal » 29 Jun 2014, 23:40

Uhm, a clockwork orange-like torture, Paul you are the test subject, dont you dare run.
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 01 Jul 2014, 08:27

Nice :)
Btw, I just patched the temple and portal rooms to avoid crashes when they are damaged/destroyed:
https://github.com/Bertram25/OpenDungeo ... accdc902f4
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Danimal » 04 Jul 2014, 23:17

http://opengameart.org/content/gold-stacks

Ill convert them next, just one doubt, should i add them with normal and specular maps? im torn here, since adding with the maps will made them look bad at the moment, without them they will look good but loose a lot of charm.

What should i do next? training hall, forge, torture room or graveyard? or maybe i should finish some creature model (skeleton, lamia, cultist)? im hesitant here...
Attachments
OpenDungeons 2014-07-30 16-58-27-506.png
OpenDungeons 2014-07-30 16-55-17-091.png
OpenDungeons 2014-07-30 16-33-10-034.png
GoldStacks1.png
Danimal
OD Moderator