Training room props

Training room props

Postby Danimal » 13 Jul 2013, 19:11

Can someone get it into the repository? Thanks.

http://opengameart.org/content/fantasy-training-target
Attachments
training target3.png
training target.png
Danimal
OD Moderator

Re: Training room props

Postby domtron » 13 Jul 2013, 20:46

That's really cool! What is it supposed to be used as in game(trap, room, ect)?
domtron

Postby Danimal » 13 Jul 2013, 21:34

its a training dummy for the training room, the monsters dropped in the training room get XP by hitting these at some gold cost. In The original DK training rooms were a key element to a strong army and victory
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 26 Jul 2013, 23:38

Training dummy, i just hope this is not for nothing and they get used...
http://opengameart.org/content/mecha-training-dummy
Attachments
dummy1.png
dummy2.png
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Skorpio » 27 Jul 2013, 09:40

Looks pretty cool. I've got some suggestions again, so here's another quick'n'dirty paint over. :p The lower part and arms are nice, but the helmet and torso need more work. I'd add some edges to the helmet and remove the crosses on the "cheeks" (or maybe they could be improved). The texture needs more grunge, rust, crevices and scratches. Also, the model could use a spec map and some reflections would be cool.
Training_dummy.jpg
Skorpio
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 27 Jul 2013, 10:24

those are good sugestions, but it already has a specular map, anyways, modifications will have to wait till tomorrow when i have some free time
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby paul424 » 27 Jul 2013, 10:28

Scorpio : so you added those scratches .... :)

So can you upload to SVN model repo what Danimal has done in ogre3d model format ?
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Skorpio » 27 Jul 2013, 11:16

Ah, AOmap is the spec map. It's way too subtle, though, because it's too bright. Here's a screenshot with a darker, more contrasted spec map. I also split some edges of the helmet. The textures still need more work. I'll upload everything later, since I should actually work on something else. ;)
Training_dummy2.jpg
Skorpio
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 27 Jul 2013, 15:08

Let me get this right; spec map should have way more contrast, helmet can still be modified but split edges does the trick, and what do you think my textures are lacking?(leaving out adding crack and holes in the armor - normal map).

Thanks for all the info, its thanks to you that im improving this much. :)

Pd: if i make the spec map more contrasted, i can see the effect better, but the specularity goes to non reflective objects as well (like the wood) and cliking the "use alpha" button kills the effect, how did manage the one you show on that pic? (even if it has the shining sword problem)

This is the best i can mimic your pic on my own, what do you think of the new helmet?
Attachments
new helmet.png
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Skorpio » 28 Jul 2013, 11:10

Non-reflective areas have to be black on the spec map (hadn't fixed that). BTW, you have to check the "specular color" option of the texture influence panel. I've also set the hardness of the specularity to 18 (no idea what's realistic, but it looked nice ;)). Specularity is actually just a fake effect that tries to imitate real reflections.

The helmet looks a lot better now. I'd try to improve the blood stains, because they're too blurry, and add some scratches to the spec and normal map.
Skorpio
OD Moderator