GUI

Re: GUI

Postby StefanP.MUC » 19 Apr 2011, 12:59

What should I do with the goals window for now?

I already have the "pipes", the counter and tab control ready. I don't know how much of the new menu should go into the 0.4.8, because getting the top right "complex-round-minimap-with-load-of-features-control" into the game will be a huge amount of work (after doing this whole fiddly GUI stuff again, I slowly lose my desire - if I ever had any for this - to make the whole GUI at once)...
StefanP.MUC

Postby oln » 19 Apr 2011, 13:06

We could go with a square one for now, without any fancy zooming and feature stuff. I think there are more important issues that needs attention at this time.
oln

Postby svenskmand » 19 Apr 2011, 14:12

You just make it look right that should be enough for now, the buttons do not need to work for now. I also need to make the effects for it :)

The goals should just be accessed from the menu, which bring up from the little computer in the top right corner.
Jamendo.com - The best music store on the net, uses CC licenses.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby StefanP.MUC » 19 Apr 2011, 14:30

But if we don't implement the clicks now, then the computer button won't work, then the goals can't be displayed in 0.4.8. That's why I asked. ;)

What else needs to be redrawn would be the tooltip box (that's currently also only a quick and dirty one I made).
StefanP.MUC

Postby svenskmand » 19 Apr 2011, 15:28

Ok then make CEGUI receive the click, but only make the computer icon do anything, then you can implement the other functions at some other time.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby MCMic » 19 Apr 2011, 20:35

MCMic

Postby svenskmand » 19 Apr 2011, 20:46

Could you post a full screen shot where it looks right, and would like to see the gui in action :) I am having running problems here :(
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby MCMic » 19 Apr 2011, 20:49

MCMic

Postby svenskmand » 19 Apr 2011, 21:10

Awesome :), there is still allot of work left, but nice :)
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby StefanP.MUC » 20 Apr 2011, 09:03

Yeah, after commiting them I noticed that I forgot to adjust the other panels as well, but didn't have time anymore to correct it. I'll quickly do this now.

edit: done (I like it if only the position is slightly wrong - that's not such an extreme amount of work like changing a whole object :D ).
StefanP.MUC

Postby TheAncientGoat » 20 Apr 2011, 13:42

The goldish bars along the sides could do with a bit more detail/texture, it would be cool to replace them per faction as well, to give a bit more character to the factions
TheAncientGoat
Community Moderator

Postby svenskmand » 20 Apr 2011, 14:42

Should I make the gold a bit more opaque so the textures beneath it will be more visible?

Regarding a custom gui for each faction, we might do it, we might not. Since the dungeon temple and the ritual of capturing the keeper in the jar is not really faction specific, it is just a tool/technology made by the Corpars in ancient times. And since the gui is what you as a keeper see it is part of the tool/technology that has imprisoned the keeper in the jar.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby StefanP.MUC » 20 Apr 2011, 15:44

All tiles should normally have an Alpha value of 255 (fully visible). CEGUI allows to set an Alpha value for each object separatly in the XMLs (a number is changed more easily than a whole picture ;) ).

Transparent PNGs should only be used if there's no other way of creating the transparency or if there's a need for transparency in specific areas that can't be cut into multiple tiles.
StefanP.MUC

Postby svenskmand » 20 Apr 2011, 18:03

What are you talking about? The Goat just suggested to make the detail of the pipes more visible / have more details.

TheAncientGoat: Should I make the gold a bit more opaque so the textures beneath it will be more visible? Or do you want some other details on them, in that case which?
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby StefanP.MUC » 20 Apr 2011, 18:28

Oh, sorry. I misunderstood your post... (thought you meant changing the opaqueness of the whole tile)
StefanP.MUC

Postby TheAncientGoat » 21 Apr 2011, 10:38

I meant texture on the gold, like scratches and a bit of uneven glare. Or something to "spice" it up a bit, figures along the pipe, something that "tethers" the pipe to the rest of the GUI, anything to make it look a bit more interesting. Making it transparent won't do it, I think.

I tried making an example, but it's hard! So yeah, maybe I'm just being stuck up, it looks good currently, rather not mess around with it :)
TheAncientGoat
Community Moderator

Postby svenskmand » 21 Apr 2011, 12:43

I did not say that I want it transparen, but I could make the texture in it more visible, by making the gold gradient on top more transparent, so the details show more.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby TheAncientGoat » 21 Apr 2011, 15:16

Oh, I didn't quite understand that, I didn't see there's a texture beneath the gold gradient
TheAncientGoat
Community Moderator

Postby svenskmand » 23 Apr 2011, 19:19

Is this better?
Attachments
GUI_Cut_Up.png
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby TheAncientGoat » 24 Apr 2011, 09:14

In my opinion, yes :) What do the rest of the guys think?

Also, what about the faction-custom UI?
TheAncientGoat
Community Moderator

Postby svenskmand » 24 Apr 2011, 13:27

TheAncientGoat {l Wrote}:Also, what about the faction-custom UI?

If we are gonna do it, then it will certainly not be now ;), lots of other stuff to do. I think we also need to have more detailed descriptions of each faction first, along with concept art. Also I am not sure we should do it, as the keeper was though of as a free agent, which is more or less a work for hire for each faction during missions. Then the keeper can specialize himself using this Diablo 2 like skill tree. Come to think of it we do not have a formal description of this system other than in a thread in this forum. I will make a write op of it when I finish the Windows build scipts, for automatic download, building and packaging on windows.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 26 Apr 2011, 13:25

I might help on the descriptions and maybe concepts, but i need some guidelines of all factions overall, since they all come together and need some coherence(too many post talking about the same and no time to read them, a short version will be welcome).
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby svenskmand » 26 Apr 2011, 13:32

Danimal@ Nice :), we have a list of creatures for the undead and the humans, we need lists of creatures for the dark elves, the mercenaries, the corpars and the constructs. And then we need some more details for the list of undead and humans we already have, i.e. here I think about what attacks and spells they have, can they work in the forge, how do they interact with the other creatures.

So yes I agree lets get basic lists of creatures for the remaining factions, i.e. dark elves, mercenaries, corpars and constructs.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby StefanP.MUC » 29 Apr 2011, 15:10

I just updated to the new pipes.
StefanP.MUC

Postby svenskmand » 29 Apr 2011, 17:27

Cool :)
svenskmand
OD Moderator