A bit worried about the direction

A bit worried about the direction

Postby xahodo » 09 May 2012, 16:17

For a while now I am noticing that this game is headed for a static story line, a static rule set and static factions.

This is worrying me. It creates an image in my mind of a game with a campaign and absolutely no flexibility. Why not allow everything from campaigns, creatures, rooms, room objects, items (this includes weapons and armor), traps, doors, tiles, game rules and menus to be script-able.

This allows for a lot of flexibility and people who want to mod can mod to their heart's desire.

Just extremely worried about the direction this project seems to be taking and voicing his worries.
xahodo

Re: A bit worried about the direction

Postby svenskmand » 09 May 2012, 18:02

If you are concerned about modding then people can mod as crazy as they want. The game is open source, and we will be using scripting for a great part of the game. So that is no problem. But the story-line and the campaigns will be fixed as much as they are in any other AAA title, which is what we plan OD to be, an AAA title that is.
Jamendo.com - The best music store on the net, uses CC licenses.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Re: A bit worried about the direction

Postby oln » 09 May 2012, 20:41

I think you might have been confused by some of the older threads. Yes, the plan is to make these things scriptable.
oln