Gameplay videos

Gameplay videos

Postby Akien » 18 Dec 2014, 11:28

Hi there,

I was discussing with samuncle from our neighbour project STK, and I realised (or found out again) that we have no recent video showcasing OD 0.4.9.
So I made a small gameplay recording of myself playing the new Greed or Might level; it was a good occasion to test it, and I've noticed that the dragons are easy to beat... unless they gain levels and become invulnerable :-D

I had to crop the last minute of the video because Youtube doesn't like videos more than 15 min I read, but either way 15 minutes is already quite boring.

Here's the video (CC BY of course):

youtu.be/Mv_eu3-AdYs

Seems Youtube forces a crappy resolution, I uploaded two videos (one HD in mkv, and then one FullHD in mp4) but it's the same, 320p as max resolution...
Edit: I just had to wait a bit it seems, there are now resolutions up to 1080p :-)

For the 0.4.9 release announcement, we'll probably want a shorter and better video that showcases new features and all. Do we have someone with video editing experience here?
Last edited by Akien on 19 Dec 2014, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Re: Gameplay videos

Postby Danimal » 18 Dec 2014, 13:21

Its a bit slow paced, but not bad, did you alter that dragon´s armor? (since its hand-modified ) it shouldnt be that strong.
We also need to cut on the "benny hill effect" not all creatures should run when low on health, or maybe its the fault of not having ranged troops to kill the runners; but they can run all around your dungeon and noone is fast enougth to land a hit, is the speed bonus so great? maybe its this what needs reducing
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Akien » 18 Dec 2014, 14:25

Danimal {l Wrote}:Its a bit slow paced, but not bad, did you alter that dragon´s armor? (since its hand-modified ) it shouldnt be that strong.
We also need to cut on the "benny hill effect" not all creatures should run when low on health, or maybe its the fault of not having ranged troops to kill the runners; but they can run all around your dungeon and noone is fast enougth to land a hit, is the speed bonus so great? maybe its this what needs reducing

Yeah don't mind the dragon, it's a custom "BossDragon" with boosted stats. I just nerfed it a bit in my repo because it gained levels too quickly at had too much HP regen.
Akien

Postby Akien » 18 Dec 2014, 14:29

BTW I recorded using the awesome SimpleScreenRecorder application (Linux only sadly).
It's dead easy to use, and really efficient: the game streams in FullHD as good as it does on my desktop, it feels like you're in the game :-)
Akien