Playing the game

Playing the game

Postby MCMic » 23 Oct 2014, 00:23

Hello,

I’m trying from time to time to play the game and see if I can win the map «stone siege»
But how are we supposed to destroy the cannons? is it actually possible?
We should have a first map which is fun to play and possible to win, from what I’ve seen there are tests map and this stone siege map you can’t win.

Even if I drop creatures near the cannon they go back to the base instead of attacking.

Am I missing something?
MCMic

Re: Playing the game

Postby Danimal » 23 Oct 2014, 00:56

that map became very bugged after the latest, ill update it shortly or made a new one
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby paul424 » 23 Oct 2014, 16:26

Well it made enormous progress since last time ; only one remark : the non-shaded tiles ( those so-called "ClaimedMashes" ) makes ones eyes hurt. They are large bright chunks which does not match the scenery in anyway. .... :(
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Akien » 23 Oct 2014, 16:48

paul424 {l Wrote}:Well it made enormous progress since last time ; only one remark : the non-shaded tiles ( those so-called "ClaimedMashes" ) makes ones eyes hurt. They are large bright chunks which does not match the scenery in anyway. .... :(

Do you speak about these ones? Their normal lighting has been deactivated on Sep 10th so if you're using the github development or stable branch you shouldn't see them anymore.
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Postby Bertram » 23 Oct 2014, 17:38

Once the spawn conditions implementation is done, I think a new rolling-release should be done so Danimal can start balancing the game.
Equipment and other hwoarangmy's nifty surprises may come into play. ;)
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 24 Oct 2014, 02:24

Akien :
According to picture shown , I mean the bleached tiles with GREEN CROSSES for which NO dynamic lighting is given :( .
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Akien » 24 Oct 2014, 07:29

paul424 {l Wrote}:Akien :
According to picture shown , I mean the bleached tiles with GREEN CROSSES for which NO dynamic lighting is given :( .

Ah yes, then you have a point. Maybe you could open an issue on github so that we can keep this in mind? I think it's not too bad currently so it probably won't be a priority for the 0.4.9 release, but I guess some general work on the lighting will be done for 0.5.0.
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Postby Bertram » 24 Oct 2014, 11:22

Hi,

I'll have a go at resuming work on normals handling after the 0.4.9 release if nobody else does it before me.
Please note also that I'll have to resume my primary project at the same time so if you want to try to fix, Paul, feel free to propose a patch, and why not even ask oln for help, as he's got some expertise in that area.

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator