SURVEY : How to create the new maps ?

how do we code the room types and the seat's ownership ( player's color ) together ?

Poll ended at 27 Jun 2014, 01:59

One image -Use the players color and the brightness factor
33%
Two images - obtained from the Editor's layering mechanism
67%

Total votes : 3

Re: SURVEY : How to create the new maps ?

Postby Loobinex » 14 Jun 2016, 22:45

By the way having there's no reason for the player(!) to have the map editor accessible from the main executable at all. You don't start the game and go 'Why don't I edit the map I'm about to play first.'

The opposite however is true, when you open the map editor and make/edit a map, at some point the user will want to run the game and test his map. Functionality in an editor to run the game with the map as is open in the editor is nice to have.
Loobinex

Postby paul424 » 15 Jun 2016, 14:40

Ohhh really ?
hw. : What I meant was not to use any third party libraries at all, but to include code of such paint program directly in our code ...
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby hwoarangmy » 15 Jun 2016, 14:51

paul424 {l Wrote}:hw. : What I meant was not to use any third party libraries at all, but to include code of such paint program directly in our code ...
Well, as long as it is not about embedding a big library which has to be compiled, I've nothing against it. But I doubt you can achieve creating some paint like just by copying some code snipets...
hwoarangmy