Danimal
OD Moderator

Re: Trap boulders & co

Postby Bertram » 29 Sep 2014, 10:59

Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby hwoarangmy » 29 Sep 2014, 11:02

I'm done with traps. I will probably do the PR this evening after some more testing. The changes are heavier than expected but I think they are worth it. I had to change room object philosophy so that trap uses them instead of using a floor like mesh (to allow changing animation/rotating, ...).
And as you will see in code, that will help much when we will want to allow creatures to drop stuff ^^
BTW, I've removed the link between roomobject and room. As I added in the comments, I think we should rename them to GameObject or something similar.
hwoarangmy

Postby Bertram » 29 Sep 2014, 11:25

I'm done with traps. I will probably do the PR this evening after some more testing. The changes are heavier than expected but I think they are worth it. I had to change room object philosophy so that trap uses them instead of using a floor like mesh (to allow changing animation/rotating, ...).
And as you will see in code, that will help much when we will want to allow creatures to drop stuff ^^

Yeah :)

BTW, I've removed the link between roomobject and room. As I added in the comments, I think we should rename them to GameObject or something similar.

If such objects are used by both rooms and traps, then a renaming is understandable. Yet, GameObject is very close to GameEntity. I'll have to look at the code, then, to see whether I can find a fitting name.

Eager to see all that. ;)
Bertram
VT Moderator