Removal of mouse autoscroll and autorotate

Removal of mouse autoscroll and autorotate

Postby paul424 » 27 May 2014, 18:05

Donno, how I should convenience you Bertram to my mouse hook ups , most of the games have autoscroll , the auto-rotation is taken from the good old "Black and White' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErOfpyiJvbk it was good for me .... What I can say , the control operations are regarded as primer when they are via mouse ( intuitive , hard to forget ) , and former when via keyboard ( easy to forget , many players doesn't have the ability of sightless typing .... ) .You say they are too fast or clumsy, but how the people are going to balance it , if you have removed it ? Still waiting for some agreement how my mouse hooks could be restored ....
paul424
OD Moderator

Re: Removal of mouse autoscroll and autorotate

Postby MCMic » 27 May 2014, 18:10

I agree auto-scroll should be put back and activated by default, with an option to deactivate it. (not sure what auto-rotate is)
MCMic

Postby Bertram » 28 May 2014, 00:19

Donno, how I should convenience you Bertram to my mouse hook ups , most of the games have autoscroll , the auto-rotation is taken from the good old "Black and White' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErOfpyiJvbk it was good for me .... What I can say , the control operations are regarded as primer when they are via mouse ( intuitive , hard to forget ) , and former when via keyboard ( easy to forget , many players doesn't have the ability of sightless typing .... ) .You say they are too fast or clumsy, but how the people are going to balance it , if you have removed it ? Still waiting for some agreement how my mouse hooks could be restored ....

Well, since it's the third time you ask for it to be back. You are now qualified as persistant, which I respect. ;)

I agree auto-scroll should be put back and activated by default, with an option to deactivate it. (not sure what auto-rotate is)

Then, it means you didn't play OD using them. They were in a very bad shape when I started testing the game. the auto-move when mouse is on corners made the goal window and the minimap unclickable. And the auto-rotate/auto-tilt broke the camera view, making the game unplayable.

Well, again, it doesn't mean I'm against adding them back. Yet, it's real easy to play the game using the keyboard for moves with left hand and the mouse for selection, as many games do.
So, as for me, (and again), ok to readd them but as an option and disabled by default.

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 28 May 2014, 21:31

Actually MCMic and Bertram might now two diffrent versions of autoscroll :) :

Yes , that was in bad shape, after faichele's of some tricks for OIS of mouse intercepting ( DECEMBER ) , the in-game cursor disappered distorting window-mouse geometry. I have had to add some margins which would activate autoscroll ( the most outer 1% of the screen ). Bringing old cursor would be good , it would make the debbugging process a little more tough . Do you often use gdb, or other true debugger in your work ?
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 29 May 2014, 00:02

Hi,

Thanks for a bit hostory about this.
If we add move when on border, we should take care not moving when we are above a CEGUI control, then.

I know nothing about the old cursor implementation. (I didn't remove this, I swear!) ;)
Bertram
VT Moderator