Website Sneak Peak

Website Sneak Peak

Postby Elvano » 24 Jun 2014, 11:56

Hey everyone,

It's time to have a sneak peak at the new website design.

@Skorpio, I hope you don't mind I used some of your work
Attachments
OpenDungeons Website SneakPeak.pdf
(2.54 MiB) Downloaded 369 times
Last edited by Elvano on 24 Jun 2014, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.
Elvano~
Elvano

Re: Website Sneak Peak

Postby Danimal » 24 Jun 2014, 12:44

I like the new homepage a lot, it has a professional vibe to it.

On a few side notes, Skorpio updated the dwarf to be useful but the creator was someone else; can the creatures in the side bubbles be randomized? it would be cool if they changed at ramdom on each page refresh/load trough our bestiary and the white background is too big of a contrast, a soft grey could work better.

Not related at all, but how is the dungeon heart going? I resent you for holding it as ramsom :cry:
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Elvano » 24 Jun 2014, 12:55

Danimal {l Wrote}:On a few side notes, Skorpio updated the dwarf to be useful but the creator was someone else

I need to correct that as soon as I find out the creator then.

Danimal {l Wrote}:can the creatures in the side bubbles be randomized? it would be cool if they changed at ramdom on each page refresh/load trough our bestiary

That's the plan, though not just be page switch.
I was planning to switch them using a time-interval.
I did make a mistake in this preview, though. Good is supposed to be on right side, evil on the left
Danimal {l Wrote}:the white background is too big of a contrast, a soft grey could work better.

I know, but I had these images lying around. Didn't feel like rendering them with a transparent background for the preview. To be honest, I couldn't even find the models back imediatly.
Elvano~
Elvano

Postby Danimal » 24 Jun 2014, 14:14

Skorpio was the third hand on the dwarf, the creator was "the cubber", modified later by "MrBeast" and adapted to OD by Skorpio, but since its cc-by-sa we can say its safe to attibute it all to Skorpio?
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Akien » 24 Jun 2014, 15:22

Danimal {l Wrote}:Skorpio was the third hand on the dwarf, the creator was "the cubber", modified later by "MrBeast" and adapted to OD by Skorpio, but since its cc-by-sa we can say its safe to attibute it all to Skorpio?

If it's CC By-SA it should precisely be attributed to all who contributed to making it. If you release something under an Attribution clause, it's because you want at least your name to be remembered for what you gave to the world :-)
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Postby Elvano » 24 Jun 2014, 16:31

Akien {l Wrote}:If it's CC By-SA it should precisely be attributed to all who contributed to making it. If you release something under an Attribution clause, it's because you want at least your name to be remembered for what you gave to the world :-)

I already corrected it and added the other two.
I really don't care for myself whether I do or don't have to according to a license.

Credits where credit's due.
I believe if one has a problem with giving people credits they shouldn't be using other people's work to begin with.

Although licenses such as CC and GPL were supposed to be clear as crystal, yet still so many people don't seem to be able to find their way in them.
Good thing we have you, Akien, to keep us on the right track.
Elvano~
Elvano