Toolbox

Toolbox

Postby Elvano » 25 Nov 2013, 17:37

Greetings ODers and visitors,

I have taken the liberty to put up a page on the wiki with the intention of gathering all useful tools at one place.
The toolbox, or so I've named it, contains a short description, and possibly an installation and usage guide.

I will try to keep it up-to-date, but this being a wiki everyone with developer's acces to the redmine can edit and update it. (register now!!)
You can also always tell me of some intressting tools which I'll gladly add for you (if they have any relevance)

It is needless to say, but if you expierence any problems following the usage or installation guide, feel free to pull my sleeve for an update or fix.

Toolbox:
  • Blender: Blender2Ogre
  • Blender: Extra Objects
  • GIMP: Insane Bump (Crazy Bump Equivalent)
Elvano~
Elvano

Update

Postby Elvano » 09 Dec 2013, 18:56

I've just been tipped by faichele on IRC about an Ogre-based scene editor called Ogitor
Would this be usefull to our project?
Elvano~
Elvano

Re: Toolbox

Postby paul424 » 09 Dec 2013, 20:58

Good toi know it is still rolling. Actually it seems it models and produces the .scene file . In Ogre3d you can load Scene from external file or build your own manually , we do the second . I would have to test how it works , for us, now it has little use.
paul424
OD Moderator

Re: Toolbox

Postby oln » 09 Dec 2013, 21:58

Since the game uses a dynamic terrain, creating scene files doesn't have a lot of use for OD. Though, I suppose it could be useful for previewing materials or understanding how to do certain things in the code.
oln