Recent opendungeons developments

Recent opendungeons developments

Postby daemon » 13 Nov 2013, 16:52

Good day,

Hello I am a relative new member to the opendungeons project, I joined initially through IRC via paul424 but I am working on improving the build system for BSD & Linux and updated libraries.

In our last skype meeting (rez,paul424,myself,elvano) decided one of the major problems with the project is with communication, that being the forums are here, the project management system (Ticket system) is at http://redmine.daemonrage.net and source is on source forge (as well as the wiki)..

To counter act this the domain opendungeon.org has been purchased and a new site tracking the varius sources is being created, we are asking all developers to please signup to the ticket tracker, as updates from the forums and IRC will automatically be posted there.

It would also be good if all developers could spare a few minutes to pop into IRC or send me a message to give me a brief update of how they are doing, so I could start discovering what developers we have and where the project is overall.

In our skype weekly skype meeting (rez,paul424,myself,elvano) we discuss problems and solutions, and howto get around if you would like to join in it would be fantastic :)

-- Thank you for your time
-- Paul G Webster
daemon

Re: Recent opendungeons developments

Postby daemon » 13 Nov 2013, 16:53

As a note the irc channel is irc.freenode.net #opendungeons If you do not havgef an irc client you can use freenodes web based one: https://webchat.freenode.net/
daemon

Postby Bertram » 14 Nov 2013, 10:20

Hi,

I don't know whether you are the one writing to me, daemon. :)

Yet, I've answered there: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5075&p=52240#p52240

Unfortunately, my time is very limited especially for things like IRC, so if you can write to me here, it'll be better for me. :)
That said, if I can get some time to go on IRC, I'll do it with pleasure.

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Skorpio » 14 Nov 2013, 15:58

I'm inactive/busy with other projects and am also still waiting for a new OD version for Windows.

You guys have to use the forum more often, otherwise nobody who doesn't use IRC regularly (developers and lurkers) can see what's going on or participate in discussions. At least post a summary of what you discuss on IRC to the forum.
Skorpio
OD Moderator

Postby chronomaster » 15 Nov 2013, 18:49

yea!!!
...you snobs.... :!:
chronomaster

Postby ReZ » 19 Nov 2013, 22:31

Well, good news there Skorpio, we'll be having some skype meetings (see own topic) to try to get the information going a bit better. We've also got a repository, a wiki, and a few other nifty little tools to help us with communication, we're just trying to figure out how to get everyone to use them :)
Chrono is only pretending that he's not a snob himself btw, he used to be on irc! (And we would love to see him back there <3<3 and all that).

We're very much open to suggestions on how to get the communication working in the team, and I cannot say this enough, if you can join the skype meetings or IRC, it really would help a lot. We rarely bite, and the rumours that we are toxic are strongly exaggerated !

ReZ
ReZ

Postby Bertram » 21 Nov 2013, 10:05

Hi ReZ, and all!

May I suggest there is an official roadmap board, may it be a forum topic, a wiki page or whatever, where the current and official decisions and TODO are placed?

It will help me and I bet other people to know what are the current plans and all.
Also, what are the current short-term decisions?

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby ReZ » 21 Nov 2013, 13:23

The active roadmap for now is on Daemon's redmine server. http://redmine.daemonrage.net/projects/opendungeons
We should probably have some sort of introduction post there, seeing as real names are being used on that one, but that's not really a major issue :)

Also, wiki has some posts for both suggestions and meeting topics, so feel free to post there so people have time to prepare for the meetings.

As mentioned in the other post, next meeting is Wednesday the 27th at 16:00 CET, unless complications should arise.

ReZ

Oh, and as for decisions, no decisions has been made yet, due to a lack of the core members being at the meetings. One of the many reasons I'm going to keep nagging until everyone shows up :)
ReZ

Postby Bertram » 21 Nov 2013, 14:02

Eh eh. ok :)
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Danimal » 21 Nov 2013, 15:16

ill probaly be in the next meeting, but you can also post whatever you think is important
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby chronomaster » 21 Nov 2013, 15:59

ReZ {l Wrote}:Chrono is only pretending that he's not a snob himself btw, he used to be on irc! (

it was a semi teasing joke...
man you have no sense of healthy humor...
chronomaster

Postby paul424 » 21 Nov 2013, 21:30

This forum is really botched, I have had send email to Danimal via this forum , and I got this mail, no idea what should it mean ... is that some kind of confirmation ?

Hello Danimal,

The following is an e-mail sent to you by paul424 via your account on
"FreeGameDev". If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments
you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the
following address:

ghoulsblade@schattenkind.net

Include this full e-mail (particularly the headers). Please note that the
reply address to this e-mail has been set to that of paul424.

Message sent to you follows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hallo , if someone could pin-up those two links for the openDungoens forum
: http://sourceforge.net/p/opendungeons/g ... ee/FAQ.txt and new redmine
site ticketing system : http://redmine.daemonrage.net/ please ?. Edit :
You
are a moderoator and I am not , so ...
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 21 Nov 2013, 22:06

What?, sorry, i dont check that mail everyday, so this is kind of a surprise. Also, yes the leadership of the project is kind of messed up since Svend dissapeared. I got Admin permission to update frontpage and a few sticky topics, so i didnt want to go overboard and start policing around; i dont see anything against you becoming one, im surprised you arent already.
Ill see how to promote you by my hand or some other admin.

*DONE* Please tell me if its working well for you
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby paul424 » 21 Nov 2013, 22:22

Hmm it works , but still I don't see how I could pin-up those two links ... looks like hihger privs are required to change >> OpenDungeons development discussions << links .
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 21 Nov 2013, 22:38

What do you mean exactly by pin up?
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby paul424 » 21 Nov 2013, 23:46

We have this link at the top white css container ( or whatever it is ) :
>>>
Forums Blog Chat Wiki Planet PlanetDev PlanetRev FreeArtSearch LibreGameWiki OpenGameArt

Help | Register | Login

FreeGameDev Forums < OpenDungeons

Discussing the OpenDungeons game.

Moderator: OD Moderators

Skip to content
Advanced search

Board index ‹ Featured Projects ‹ OpenDungeons
<<
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby ReZ » 22 Nov 2013, 00:36

Well, even if it isn't possible to pin a topic, we could still just put it under "announcements", at least that way it'll be above the normal forums.

Chrono: Hssssh. It's grownup time.

Just woke up, but I'll start looking into making a list of links on the Wiki fairly soon.
ReZ

Postby chronomaster » 22 Nov 2013, 04:32

you are certainly far from being grownup though. adults usually have sense of humor too.

paul, i want to start a wiki page at redmine, how do i do that? i searched everything...i registered and all....
how to do that?
chronomaster

Postby ReZ » 22 Nov 2013, 11:29

No. Chrono. just no. If you want to join us in working on the wiki, we need you to communicate with us, something you haven't done for quite some time. If you do, then fair enough, but if you continue what you started last time on IRC, then no. The reason we're making the new wiki in the first place, is to improve on communications, and making several new ones would completely defeat that purpose.
ReZ