Translation offer.

Translation offer.

Postby Knitter » 01 Aug 2011, 12:54

Hi,

I've just noticed that you're working on adding i18n capabilities into the game, I would like to ask how far are these changes and if there is any roadmap on when to start translations, also what are you general plans for translating and supporting translators?

If/when the game is ready to have translations started I would like to translate it into Portuguese.

Regards,

Knitter
Knitter

Re: Translation offer.

Postby StefanP.MUC » 01 Aug 2011, 13:08

Thanks for your offer. :)

The current state:
Translations works for strings that are meant to be translated. What's missing? Strings that are meant to be translated. ;) Problem is that all text that should be translated is in the GUI. And the GUI is separated from the code. Also, the GUI is highly unfinished and all the names (rooms, creatuers, ...) and text is yet undecided and unfinished. That's why there's no translatable text existing already.

We are also missing an option menu to set the language.
StefanP.MUC

Postby svenskmand » 01 Aug 2011, 13:17

Thanks Knitter :D, we will PM you when we need translations done :).
Jamendo.com - The best music store on the net, uses CC licenses.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby Knitter » 01 Aug 2011, 13:24

Well, I'm always around the forum so if/when you need just ask (PM will do just fine :) ). I'll see if I can find some time to look at the code and what is already in place regarding translations.

Regards,

Knitter
Knitter

Postby StefanP.MUC » 01 Aug 2011, 13:56

You won't have to look at the code (but if you want you can, of yourse ;) ). The translation will work with .po files. Once we have translatable text you'll be able to translate by using tool like Poedit (http://www.poedit.net/).

Maybe we'll also set up an online translator (launchpad supports this, for example).
StefanP.MUC

Postby Knitter » 01 Aug 2011, 15:15

Online translation would probably be a good option, at least for those translators that don't have much experience with translation tools, but personally I'm not a big fan of launchpad's features and always prefer po/pot files.
Knitter