Hey

Hey

Postby Skorpio » 30 Apr 2011, 16:26

Hey guys, I just wanted to tell you that I have been away for such a long time because I felt kind of burned out and in addition lost the interest in OD. I'm still not really in the mood to continue to work on it again, but I also don't want to give it up completely. It's just kind of boring for me to spend all my time only on one project. Maybe I need to do something different for a while till I find my enthusiasm again.
Skorpio
OD Moderator

Re: Hey

Postby svenskmand » 01 May 2011, 01:01

It is good to hear from you. We hope you will come back soon :)

PS: We now finally have the normal mapping working by the way ;)
Jamendo.com - The best music store on the net, uses CC licenses.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby Skorpio » 01 May 2011, 15:16

svenskmand {l Wrote}:PS: We now finally have the normal mapping working by the way ;)

That's really good news. I just checked the troll in the new version and it seems that the red channel of the normal map has to be inverted. Looks pretty good already, only the lighting must be fine tuned a bit.
Skorpio
OD Moderator

Postby svenskmand » 01 May 2011, 16:10

Yeah it is pretty awesome :)

Maybe you could show Oln how the exporter works, that is what have caused us the most trouble lately, getting the blend files into mesh files we can use them :S
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby Skorpio » 02 May 2011, 19:33

svenskmand {l Wrote}:Maybe you could show Oln how the exporter works, that is what have caused us the most trouble lately, getting the blend files into mesh files we can use them :S

What exactly would you like to know about the exporter? Actually you just have to install the exporter and the Ogre command line tools:

http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Blender+Exporter
http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/OgreXmlConverter

If you want to scale the model in Blender (with the S key) you have to press Ctrl-A afterwards and select "Scale and Rotation to ObData". And turn off the "Fix Up Axis to Y" option in the exporter menu.
Skorpio
OD Moderator

Postby svenskmand » 02 May 2011, 22:08

I talked to Oln and apparently the exporter for Blender 2.5 is the problem. So we have to wait for a proper exporter :(
svenskmand
OD Moderator