Recomend me some card game code to mess with.

Recomend me some card game code to mess with.

Postby Jastiv » 19 Apr 2020, 17:51

Awhile ago I wrote a text based card shuffling and deck program. It works and I have been using it.
On the other hand, I am an artist and I made all these really beautiful cards, so what I want is the next step, translating this to a graphical program.
I know there are a like tons and tons of open source card programs, mostly one person projects that have been simply abandoned, and others are probably to complex to work with.

So what I want is this.
1. Something with no proprietary components that will run on free systems.
2. compiles and runs, does not depend on things like obsolete compilers and versions of the language.
3. Easy for the newbie to work with, no obscure libraries that are not included with the compiling.
4. I have experience with C and Java, but I am open to learning/using other languages as well.

Now I could personally comb through hours and hours of code and projects, try out different things, but I figure that the community might have a better idea of what to recommend and
save my potentially months of time.
Jastiv

Re: Recomend me some card game code to mess with.

Postby mdtrooper » 10 May 2020, 15:13

And I have a Patreon in https://www.patreon.com/migueldedios.
mdtrooper

Postby Jastiv » 11 May 2020, 04:48

I've made a game kind of like that when I was a kid. Well, it really just had actions, you just picked a card and did the action. I don't even know that you won or lost or anything. Anyway, I'll probably do a new version of that soon, something suitable for an overly active 6 year old learning to read.

Anyway, cool as that is, I don't really see any programming source code for that. What I want is source code under a free software license, you know. I had been playing around with this old java game, but I haven't tried to mess with in in a while. (that was back before I even knew how to use git, so there is probably better stuff out there now.)
Jastiv

Postby mdtrooper » 12 May 2020, 16:40

The big one is Wagic. It is awesome project that implements most part of cards (the inner rules each card) from "magic the gathering".

But it is a huge project, not a clear code and not a pure code in c++....you need things and tools from QT.

But I love this project (I played a lot of hours in my old psp some years ago).

https://github.com/WagicProject/wagic
And I have a Patreon in https://www.patreon.com/migueldedios.
mdtrooper