Code formatting

Re: Code formatting

Postby charlie » 01 Sep 2011, 06:59

It was a straw man argument. It's your favourite debating style.
Wikipedia {l Wrote}:A straw man is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.

This was your straw man in this example:
MyEmail {l Wrote}:So therefore people who prefer different coding formats are suddenly considered "novices"?

That isn't even close to what Tuxide said.

There is a clear pattern emerging. When people disagree with you and refute your points, you misrepresent what they say so you can apportion blame for the disagreement to them. Me, FreakNigh, Tuxide...

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action." Dramatic gopher!

(No deleting this post qubodup!)
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby MyEmail » 01 Sep 2011, 17:58

Yes, and you aren't doing the same to me in other topics? (I can quote plenty of instances). Yet I, unlike Tuxide, continue the conversation rather than trolling complaints. Typically in debating you just ignore or overlook such instances and continue the topic. This is what I mean by "if you feel a straw man, its your own fault".
Last edited by MyEmail on 01 Sep 2011, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
MyEmail

Postby FreakNigh » 01 Sep 2011, 18:03

MyEmail you're a smart guy with good contributions. Why don't you just ignore them if they don't agree in a petty way and not top things off?
FreakNigh

Postby MyEmail » 01 Sep 2011, 18:05

FreakNigh {l Wrote}:Why don't you just ignore them if they don't agree in a petty way and not top things off?

That's a good point and I have no argument there. But I think it goes both ways--perhaps it should be a mutually agreeable consensus?
MyEmail

Postby FreakNigh » 01 Sep 2011, 18:31

Preferable if not needed.
FreakNigh

Postby charlie » 02 Sep 2011, 00:11

It does go both ways. I think everybody was making effort to get along, but MyEmail was picking fights by using techniques such as straw man arguments then accusing people of trolling/flaming. I think he's been given a bit of time off to cool off and reflect.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator