Public repo: Godot 4 combat prototype

Public repo: Godot 4 combat prototype

Postby rogerdv » 07 Dec 2022, 16:30

In case somebody is interested, my team has started to work on a prototype for our next project. Even when the project (if it ever gets done) will be a commercial game, I have decided to keep the prototype repo public. It will implement real time combat: melee weapons, ranged weapons and spells, and maybe dialogs. If you need ideas about how to create something similar, you are free to look there. As we are still learning by trial and error, any suggestion is welcome.
This is the repository.
rogerdv

Re: Public repo: Godot 4 combat prototype

Postby Julius » 07 Dec 2022, 16:35

This is for a ARPG?

Sounds promising!
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby rogerdv » 07 Dec 2022, 20:09

Julius {l Wrote}:This is for a ARPG?

Sounds promising!

Yes. My plan is an old school isometric RPG with lot of action, but also dialogs and exploration.
rogerdv

Postby bzt » 09 Dec 2022, 16:10

rogerdv {l Wrote}:Yes. My plan is an old school isometric RPG with lot of action, but also dialogs and exploration.
Cool, exactly my thoughts, except I'm making it FOSS. One note: I can't say if your project looks good or not, because all resources seems to be in Godot format that I cannot decrypt. You should put up some in common formats, like .png, .tmx etc. Also a few screenshots (either from the demo or from the Godot's editor screen) won't hurt.

Cheers,
bzt
bzt

Postby rogerdv » 10 Dec 2022, 20:32

bzt {l Wrote}:
rogerdv {l Wrote}:Yes. My plan is an old school isometric RPG with lot of action, but also dialogs and exploration.
Cool, exactly my thoughts, except I'm making it FOSS. One note: I can't say if your project looks good or not, because all resources seems to be in Godot format that I cannot decrypt. You should put up some in common formats, like .png, .tmx etc. Also a few screenshots (either from the demo or from the Godot's editor screen) won't hurt.

Cheers,
bzt

It doesnt looks good, we are just using placeholder models generated with MakeHuman without textures. We are just trying to give some help to people using Godot, and, if Im not too tight in time, I will be releasing some repos with O3DE tests eventually.
rogerdv

Postby mdtrooper » 13 Jan 2023, 01:03

Ohh it sounds great. I remember your old blog and Did you make the games with other engines? isn't it?
And I have a Patreon in https://www.patreon.com/migueldedios.
mdtrooper