Planet's style (and content)

Planet's style (and content)

Postby qubodup » 19 Dec 2009, 20:43

I modified the planet style: http://planet.qubodup.net/ (don't use it, it's only a copy, not a live planet)
Can you comment on the style? Is it good to go? (can we use it on http://planet.freegamedev.net ?) I'm aiming for simple here.. Please note that your browser colors are used (no background/foreground colors are set).

Also I'm glad to announce that the feed of our planet now has the post's blog name in each post's title, so you won't be confused not knowing where the post is from.
qubodup
Global Moderator

Re: Planet's style

Postby Julius » 20 Dec 2009, 15:50

Looks nice...and fits to the style! :ugeek:
Julius
Community Moderator

Re: Planet's style

Postby qubodup » 21 Dec 2009, 04:10

1. I changed the logo a little.
2. I created a dev planet test that features library/engine newsfeeds. I moved personal-ish blogs like Grumbel, Kaelis Ebonrai, KibaBase, M64's Games Blog, Me::Programmer.class, Newfound Room, Rgames, Tranberry and art news like Low Poly Cooperative, OpenGameArt to it and removed the feeds from the games planet test.
What do you think of this? Should we have a 3rd planet called "People" in addition to those two?

Julius {l Wrote}:Looks nice...and fits to the style! :ugeek:

Thanks!
qubodup
Global Moderator

Re: Planet's style (and content)

Postby charlie » 21 Dec 2009, 14:17

Yeah, good idea.

I would go with:
news.freegamedev.net -- games
planet.freegamedev.net -- development
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Re: Planet's style (and content)

Postby qubodup » 21 Dec 2009, 15:38

charlie {l Wrote}:I would go with:
news.freegamedev.net -- games
planet.freegamedev.net -- development

The sites should have a similar name/url since they function the same way (non-interactive automatic feed aggregator). "news" is too generic and would just confuse new people the same way when you use the word "community" instead of "forum" in the site navigation ;)

I'll add a short description to both the planet templates ("This is an aggregation of open source game feeds." and "... of open source game engines and libraries, art sharing sites and individual developer's blogs" )
qubodup
Global Moderator