FOSS RTS, brainstorm for Blogpost

Re: FOSS RTS, brainstorm for Blogpost

Postby wfgJeru » 12 Mar 2010, 17:57

Hi Julius,

My name is Aviv and I am a contributor to 0 A.D.

I was directed here by meborc from the Ubuntu Forums, and I gather from this thread that the game has been discussed and generated interest around here before. (Thanks!)

I'm posting here to find out if you could write a post reminding the community that we're looking for new contributors. We are working towards our first playable alpha release and we hope to get one finished by this summer, and we would love to have new contributors join the effort.

Here's some general info you can use for a new thread or blog post on the topic:

0 A.D. (pronounced "zero ey-dee") is a free, open-source, cross-platform real-time strategy (RTS) game of ancient warfare. It's a historically-based war/economy game that allows players to relive or rewrite the history of Western civilizations, focusing on the years between 500 B.C. and 500 A.D.

This ambitious project involves state-of-the-art 3D graphics, detailed artwork, sound, and a flexible and powerful custom-built game engine.

The game has been in development by Wildfire Games (WFG), a group of volunteer, hobbyist game developers, since 2001. The code and data are available under the GPL license, and the art, sound and documentation are available under CC-BY-SA. In short, we consider 0 A.D. an an educational celebration of game development and ancient history.

Contributing to 0 A.D.:

We're looking for all sorts of contributors, but I came here especially to look for:
  • OpenGL Programmers
  • AI Programmers
  • Gameplay Programmers
Read this for more information about each opening and for instructions how to apply.

Also, let me know if you have any questions, suggestions etc. Thanks!
wfgJeru

Re: FOSS RTS, brainstorm for Blogpost

Postby charlie » 13 Mar 2010, 13:57

wftJeru: you should also make a topic here
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator