Federation not work on Hubzilla

Federation not work on Hubzilla

Postby dulsi » 25 May 2021, 14:06

Federation doesn't appear to be working on social.freegamedev.net. I'm not getting posts and others appear not to be getting mine.
dulsi

Re: Federation not work on Hubzilla

Postby Julius » 25 May 2021, 14:13

Yes, that is currently completely borked. Also the Planets are not pulling the RSS feeds anymore since some weeks.

The problem is that this runs on a shared hosting environment and the same time as Hubzilla went through some larger version changes, so did the hosting company upgrade their Plesk based system quite a bit. It also is apparent that contrary to the earlier focus of the Hubzilla developers to ensure it working well on shared php only hosts, this attention has recently been much less.

Anyways, due to the many factors involved and a not really helpful Hubzilla debug log I am currently at a total loss what might be the root cause of this, but I am starting to fear that the shared host might have become permanently incompatible with Hubzilla.

As a short term solution I would suggest to try and migrate the channel via nomadic identity to another Hubzilla host.

Otherwise I am thinking of moving Hubzilla to my own server where I have more control over the factors involved, but that will probably take some time. Sorry.
Julius
Community Moderator