[SOLVED] Can we have the official AgentKeeper Forum here?

[SOLVED] Can we have the official AgentKeeper Forum here?

Postby Flipflop » 05 Feb 2013, 14:24

Hey Guys,

maybe you know me and the Project I am workin on from the Project Showcase & Collaboration Thread http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4138 or the "An other Dungeon Keeper thread" in the Open Dungeons Forum here.

We would like to have our official (and only) Forum here, If that is okay for the Founders and the Community here, mainly for this reasons:
  • We like to share and show the Community every step this Project makes and like to support and "live" inside the FOSS Community with a FOSS Project.
  • We are totally open for new Input, Ideas, Feedback, critique. This is a perfect place to do that, with exactly the People who are interesting in FOSS Games.
  • We are looking for Contributors, this Project is not easy to handle or to Help. Everyone is welcome. Going to make some basic todo´s and tutorial Videos.
  • We can easliy benefit from OpenDungeons progress and Ideas, Solutions, and they from are also from us. This is not a "competition" or something like that against OD.
One question left: Why not make it an Area inside the OpenDungeons Forum?
  • This is an independend Project. It has no relation to OpenDungeons from the beginning. Just by accident I found the OpenDungeon Project by using Skorpios tileset found on OGA. It was He who lead me here.
  • OD Focusing on a different GamePlay with Fractions. We just try to make an very complex AI, and want to use basicly the same Gameplay from good old Dungeon Keeper.
  • We focusing on Java as Programming Language, use another Engine (jMonkey) and using a totally different AI systems, that cames more from an accademic Background based on BDI-Agents.

- The AgentKeeper Team.
Flipflop

Re: Can we have the official AgentKeeper Forum here?

Postby charlie » 05 Feb 2013, 14:58

What forum structure would you like?
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Flipflop » 05 Feb 2013, 15:42

Hey Charlie :)

So, I would think, keep it simple at first : one code area, one asset area.

I also plan to make lots of instructions, jump-starts etc. for people who are interested in the Project but dont know how things go on.
Do you recommend an extra category/area for that, or should I put it at the googlecode-wiki or something like that?
Flipflop

Postby charlie » 05 Feb 2013, 16:48

What about a more general / help area?
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Flipflop » 05 Feb 2013, 17:09

Yeah, that would be a better solution.
Flipflop

Re: [SOLVED] Can we have the official AgentKeeper Forum here

Postby charlie » 05 Feb 2013, 17:35

Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Flipflop » 05 Feb 2013, 18:28

Hey! Thank you alot! Really cool.

Can I ask you for another favor? We would prefer as names for the categories: "AK Help & Instructions", "AK Graphics & Models" and "AK Coding".

Unfortunately I dont have to time to fill the Content right now, so it looks little bit funny the empty Forum there. :) :)

Thanks again,

Philip
Flipflop

Postby qubodup » 05 Feb 2013, 21:47

Thanks for starting the thread. I wanted to discuss with admins first but couldn't find the time to finally start a thread.

Should there be situations arising from having two projects with strong overlap in game design, we'll deal with it. :)

By the way: I vote for 4 subforums being the upper limit for hosted forums.
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby Flipflop » 06 Feb 2013, 04:31

Hey qubdup,

thanks to you all to accept this request :) Very cool.

Yes, we should try to avoid strong overlap in Game Design anyways. Thats correct.

Can you rename the three Categories in
  • AK Help & Instructions
  • AK Graphics & Models
  • AK Coding

?

That would be perfect. Because now it seems we are looking only for contributors who can do/manipulate Assets. But we´ll happy to fine some contributors on every game element, including coding, or just idea Input. :)
Flipflop

Postby charlie » 06 Feb 2013, 10:57

Flipflop {l Wrote}:We would prefer as names for the categories: "AK Help & Instructions", "AK Graphics & Models" and "AK Coding".

Done.
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby qubodup » 06 Feb 2013, 11:29

Flipflop {l Wrote}:Yes, we should try to avoid strong overlap in Game Design anyways. Thats correct.

I didn't mean that at all. :) I meant there might be confusion to new forum users which project's subforum they want to on if they make work that seems equally fitting in both for example.

Kind of like when games provide binaries with two different rendering engines without explaining to the user at every download page what the difference is (YoFrankie) or Linux distributions providing default downloads with different desktop interfaces without explaining which choice would be the better supported one on every download page (Linux mint).
qubodup
Global Moderator