[solved] can I make a supertux forum?

[solved] can I make a supertux forum?

Postby ctdabomb » 27 Dec 2011, 22:10

I would like to make a Supertux forum here. Is that okay? can somebody help me? :D
Thanks in advance,
Ct. da'Bomb :cool:
Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help smiling when you shove them down the stairs.
ctdabomb

Re: can I make a supertux forum?

Postby charlie » 28 Dec 2011, 00:29

Hi there.

We would be delighted to host the official SuperTux forum - do you speak on behalf of the project?
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby qubodup » 28 Dec 2011, 12:44

I was wondering if you could help me make a Supertux forum on freegamer forums. here is there website and stuff: http://supertux.lethargik.org/ http://supertux.lethargik.org/wiki/Main_Page.
Thanks,

Sorry for not replying to the email but I would have suggested a forum post anyway :)
I'm sure we'd love to host it.

Can you name a few reasons (did people on the mailing list request it?) and a statement to what the activity and plans are? I see "Last update: 2009-04-29" on the homepage.

What kind of sub-forums would you like to have for such a forum. Look at the other hosted forums for inspiration. :)
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby ctdabomb » 28 Dec 2011, 15:36

hi, I could say I speak on behalf of the project, I talked to some of the administrators and they are behind it, lots of the ST(supertux) community was interested and willing/hoping to use it. :cool:
the stuff we would do in it would be discussion ST, help(some people need lots of help), contributions like levels, and such, maybe a level contest, talk about code and graphics, etc...(i hope)
subforums would probably be a help/general discussion, and a contributions subforum. :D
thanks so much for your help,
CT. da'Bomb and the ST community :lol:
Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help smiling when you shove them down the stairs.
ctdabomb

Postby charlie » 28 Dec 2011, 21:24

Cool. Would it be possible to get a SuperTux dev to sign up and just acknowledge this thread? Then we'll get it set up straight away.
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby ctdabomb » 28 Dec 2011, 23:02

thanks, I will do that
ctdabomb

Postby ctdabomb » 29 Dec 2011, 19:47

none of the administrators were able to sign up here(to busy) but I talked to ghoulsblade about it and he said id one of the admins sent an email to the Supertux mailing list saying they would like a forum and I shared it here that would count. here it is

CT'da bomb asked me to write something like this to acknowledge the creating of the forum to the operators:
Well, here it is, then.

" I, as a person allowed to commit source code changes and pose as admin on the bugtracker, MMlosh, bless the forum creation ", sincerely.

Cheers
MMlosh

http://lists.lethargik.org/pipermail/su ... 03473.html
Last edited by qubodup on 29 Dec 2011, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote formatting and link
ctdabomb

Postby charlie » 30 Dec 2011, 03:42

It is done:
viewforum.php?f=66

Currently you are set as a moderator. Just drop a note here for anybody else who should be a mod.

Any issues, of course ask here.
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby ctdabomb » 30 Dec 2011, 18:03

thank you so much.
ctdabomb

Postby charlie » 02 Jan 2012, 05:41

No problem. Don't forget, you need to post this on the SuperTux website. You need to let SuperTux fans know that a forum exists. You can't just post a competition then expect the web to magically find it. Not many users in this forum will check every single subforum.
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby amuzen » 02 Jan 2012, 06:54

Even when people know that the forum exists, it can still take some time until they join and start posting. That's particularly likely when the project has been slumbering a bit and never really had a proper (i.e. not a mailing list) communication channel for players. Nevertheless, I'm sure that there'll be traffic eventually if you remain patient. I'd expect that you should be able to grow to at least 200 posts like most of the project forums here.

You might be able to attract people a bit quicker with little things like posting an info sticky to SuperTux General so that it's not completely empty. If SuperTux still releases new versions these days, posting release announcements can also make frequenting the forum more valuable. When you start seeing new posts, reply in a timely manner to increase the chances of the posters staying around. It'll grow from there.
amuzen
LoS Moderator

Postby ctdabomb » 02 Jan 2012, 17:05

yes. thank you for your suggestions.
ctdabomb

Postby ctdabomb » 04 Jan 2012, 20:23

hi. would It be possible to have another subforum for level add-ons? ST kind of needs a place to talk about them(some people need a lot of help) upload them, get feedback, and all that stuff?
Thanks so much for hosting us,
CT. da'Bomb and the ST community
ctdabomb

Postby charlie » 05 Jan 2012, 06:48

Done!
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby ctdabomb » 09 Jan 2012, 18:00

I want to move a post from supertux general to supertux contributions. how do I do that? sorry if I m bugging you/not asking this in the right place
ctdabomb

Postby ctdabomb » 09 Jan 2012, 19:48

also, I think I should be able to edit peoples posts to fix an error, but I cant. and Could LMH be another moderator? LMH is another person from the Supertux community who will be doing a lot of stuff on our forum. Thanks for you help.
ctdabomb

Postby charlie » 09 Jan 2012, 22:54

LMH needs to approve his addition to the SuperTux Moderators group, I think.

I'd forgotten to set up moderator permissions though, which I've now done, so you should be able to edit, sticky, moderate etc.
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby ctdabomb » 09 Jan 2012, 23:11

thank you.

charlie {l Wrote}:LMH needs to approve his addition to the SuperTux Moderators group, I think.

i don't get what you said. LMH did try to apply to be a moderator
ctdabomb

Postby charlie » 09 Jan 2012, 23:15

You were right. Sorry, I somehow missed the approval note when looking at his groups. (In fairness to me, never seen that bit of the admin before!) He's now added to the group.
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby qubodup » 10 Jan 2012, 00:50

Thanks for taking care of all this, Charlie!
qubodup
Global Moderator