OpenID integration and per-forum feeds

OpenID integration and per-forum feeds

Postby Arthur » 02 Dec 2011, 02:51

Hi, at the SuperTuxKart blog we often get valuable feedback and also suggestions open for discussion, but as a blog isn't really suited for discussing things we might miss out on some ideas that just needs refining. Many doesn't seem to want to register at yet another place, which is why OpenID integration would be nice to have for the forum. There's a plugin for it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpbb-openid/

Another thing to mention is that we'd like to have per-forum feeds enabled, so we can have a small gadget showing the latest SuperTuxKart-related forum posts on the side column of the blog. This would be to raise awareness of the forums, making more people join the community here. According to http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2029415, it's just a matter of enabling it in the control panel.

Hopefully you'll take these suggestions into consideration. :)
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Re: OpenID integration and per-forum feeds

Postby charlie » 02 Dec 2011, 03:04

It's been enabled for a while, but there's no links on the pages to the feed URLs.

I guess a board FAQ might be in order?

Just looking into it, though, it doesn't seem to work for categories. So you only can get individual feeds for each forum:

STK General: feed.php?f=17
STK Contributions: feed.php?f=18
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Arthur » 02 Dec 2011, 03:11

Ah, OK. Somewhat disappointing, but better than nothing. Thanks for looking into it. :)
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby shirish » 19 Dec 2011, 21:48

charlie,
any update about the phpbb-openid stuff ?
shirish