What is it?
It's a top-down puzzle adventure set in a strange world.
While playing you'll be encountering several strange creatures, solving puzzles and walking through scenes.
What's the story?
It starts with a story about a writer who used to be successful but after a while his books became less popular and his publishers advised him to retire early and stop writing books.
But the writer was stubborn and starts writing one last book with an epic story that would appeal to all children.
And that's where you come in.
How is it made?
It's made using Java as programming language.
It uses Slick for rendering and nifty-gui for the menu and HUD.
For making the scenes we used Tiled which is a great map editor.
The artwork was made with Gimp.
What are the plans?
The current goal is to make V0.1.2 and release it early next year.
In the SVN there are already a lot of improvements including:
- * Notification system.
* Better item handling.
* Re-written Conversation system.
* Improved music handling.
Things to be implemented before V0.1.2 are:
- * Remove frame-cap.
* Extend the story.
* Test Windows and MacOSX support.
Click to enlarge
Sorry, there's no game play video yet.
- * Project Home page: http://pagesofadventur.sf.net/
* Development Blog: http://pagesofadventur.sf.net/blog/
* Forums: http://pagesofadventur.sf.net/forum/
* Documentation Wiki: https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/pagesofadventur/index.php?title=Main_Page
* TODO-list: https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/pagesofadventur/index.php?title=PagesOfAdventure_0.1.2
Any feedback is welcome!