HTML5 Starcraft engine

HTML5 Starcraft engine

Postby Julius » 07 Sep 2015, 11:58

Just came across this:

https://github.com/gloomyson/StarCraft

Doesn't seem to have networked multiplayer yet (which is arguably the main feature of Starcraft), but otherwise its seems quite advanced already.

Maybe this would need a higher resolution FOSS graphics replacement set to really shine ;)

Not sure what license it is under though... I guess I will move this to the off-topic section if the author doesn't clarify it in the issue I posted.
Julius
Community Moderator

Re: HTML5 Starcraft engine

Postby bcool_6 » 09 Sep 2015, 09:41

I think if blizzard ever finds this project it will be shut down rather quickly.
Some minor tweaks to gameplay and replacement graphics will be needed if this project is to survive the long term.

That said this project does look cool. Some time developing it and adding a decent AI would make this one of the best HTML5 RTS games I've ever seen.
bcool_6

Postby eugeneloza » 09 Sep 2015, 11:46

yeah... they're definitely in need of changing the name at least... to something like StaraCroft :D
eugeneloza

Postby qubodup » 29 Nov 2015, 19:27

Repository unavailable due to DMCA takedown.

This repository is currently disabled due to a DMCA takedown notice. We have disabled public access to the repository. The notice has been publicly posted.

If you are the repository owner, and you believe that your repository was disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification, you have the right to file a counter notice and have the repository reinstated. Our help articles provide more details on our DMCA takedown policy and how to file a counter notice. If you have any questions about the process or the risks in filing a counter notice, we suggest that you consult with a lawyer.

qubodup
Global Moderator