Ironbane, an open source 3D action MMO

Ironbane, an open source 3D action MMO

Postby Nikke » 02 May 2013, 21:39

Hey everyone! Glad to see more open source enthousiasts around here, and I thought I'd share my little project.

Ironbane is an open source action MMO played straight from your browser, using 3D graphics and a retro graphics style.

The game focuses on simple gameplay without leveling, fast combat using swords, axes, daggers, bows and magic staves and intense Player vs Player combat. Our intention is to create a vast alive world where players can interact with each other. The main objective of the game is to defeat Ironbane, a dragon hiding in a castle waiting for a challenger. Future updates will include the ability to buy houses, participate in player arenas, do quests, make use of transports such as hot air balloons, boats and trains and many other things that we are still thinking of.

Screenshot

If you're looking for a fun project to work on, this might be it! I'm currently looking for programmers, artists and 3D modelers to help out, if you're interested you can drop me a line here or send me an e-mail at nikke@ironbane.com

Oh and the link is http://www.ironbane.com :)
Nikke