Wizznic 0.7 Alpha 2 released

Wizznic 0.7 Alpha 2 released

Postby dusted » 17 Mar 2010, 18:11

This adds a lot of improvements and bugfixes over the 0.6 release, it is ment primarily to test the maturity of the code, and the general feel of the game.

Wizznic is an Arcade Puzzle game closely modeled after the Taito (Am I the only one who hears the kids voice saying 'Taaaiiito!' everytime I read that name?) game Puzznic.
It is created primarily for the handheld gaming console "Gp2X Wiz" but has been ported to other Gp2X products, and also to the "Dingoo" console.
I'm releasing the game for Wiz, Linux and Win32. The other releases are done by other people and I don't know anything about that.

I've tried to make the game support lots of content creation, on diffrent levels.. That is, you can make a single, or a couple of levels, and contribute those to the "main" content-package,
or if you want, you can make a lot of levels, and put them in their own package, that way, peolpe can play your levels, in your order and create a more "complete" experience for the player.
If you want to make even more, it is easy to create a whole content-pack, with it's own levels, themes, fonts, sounds and stories.

The linux version is the -src package, you will need SDL and Code::Blocks to compile, the Makefile is NOT for the PC version, it has been setup for the Wiz toolchain (specifically on my pc)
If you are running 32 bit linux, there is a precompiled binary included in the sourcepackage called wizznic.x86.bin

https://sourceforge.net/projects/wizznic/files/

Please report bugs or oddities you find back to me, either in this thread, or using the bugtracker on sourceforge (if you want to contribute a level or a pack, use the bug-tracker called "levels", I mention all contributors in the Readme file)

Project page
https://sourceforge.net/projects/wizznic/
dusted

Re: Wizznic 0.7 Alpha 2 released

Postby charlie » 18 Mar 2010, 01:04

Screenshots are always a good addition to these posts. ;)
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby qubodup » 18 Mar 2010, 10:15

My concerns with a previous version were
* Build system centered on Wiz, so to compile on Linux I had to edit the makefile a little
* Screen size centered on Wiz, is there a scaling option now? (or was there one before even and I just missed it? :) )

Glad you're going public with the project anyways!
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby dusted » 22 Mar 2010, 00:12

Charlie, good idea, I'll remember the screenies next time :)

Qubodup, I'm aware of the problem with having a non-standard build system, I'm thinking about wether I should have multiple makefiles, or if I should remove the wizz-specific make-file and setup a Wiz build in code::blocks, I imagine that would avoid some confuzion ?
dusted

Postby qubodup » 22 Mar 2010, 13:02

dusted {l Wrote}:Qubodup, I'm aware of the problem with having a non-standard build system, I'm thinking about wether I should have multiple makefiles, or if I should remove the wizz-specific make-file and setup a Wiz build in code::blocks, I imagine that would avoid some confuzion ?

You can have a configure script perhaps. Might be too much work of course.

I would prefer different Makefiles, because I prefer using the command line for compiling (I'm just not experienced with codeblocks, perhaps it is possible there too).
qubodup
Global Moderator