Looking for help...Humm and Strumm

Looking for help...Humm and Strumm

Postby PatrickNiedzielski » 07 Feb 2010, 04:04

Hello all,

I am looking for help with a Free Software 3D adventure game, Humm and Strumm. In this game, two players must collaboratively solve puzzles and fight enemies in order to stop the evil Dr. Geoff from taking over the world. Humm and Strumm is set in a psychedelic fairytale world, with lands such as a giant cupcake and musical forest.

Right now, the current focus is on the game engine. I would like people with the following interests:

Game Engine Development
Test Creation
Web Design

If anyone is interested, please PM or email me at PatrickNiedzielski@gmail.com.

Cheers,
Patrick
freeSoftwareHacker();, a blog about Free Software, music, and law.

Humm and Strumm, a Free Software adventure game in psychedelic and humorous world.
PatrickNiedzielski

Re: Looking for help...Humm and Strumm

Postby qubodup » 07 Feb 2010, 07:25

Hey,

I downloaded the 0.1 source but I don't think I was able to compile something to execute. Is anything playable there? In that case I would require (linux) compiling instructions and I'm sure everybody would appreciate screenshots.
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby PatrickNiedzielski » 07 Feb 2010, 07:29

No, I'm sorry. There actually isn't anything playable.

The current focus is on the game engine; at the moment, there is no game. I'm sorry for not making that clearer.

There is not much code, I know. You can look around the documentation in the release, and the source code. I do include instructions in the INSTALL file in the root directory.

Cheers,
Patrick

Humm and Strumm, a Free Software adventure game in psychedelic and humorous world.
PatrickNiedzielski

Postby qubodup » 07 Feb 2010, 09:11

I discovered the google site and instinctively jumped to Game Design Doc. Empty.

I would like to read more about your game goal, or maybe your motivations. So far there seems to only be coding guidelines, do you intend the game design/development to evolve with starting it as a software programming exercise?
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby PatrickNiedzielski » 07 Feb 2010, 22:44

I am sorry. I have added a small overview page to the Game Design Document. I will add more this week, such as world and character descriptions, and gameplay information.

Thanks for you interest in the game,
Patrick

PatrickNiedzielski