Nikki and the Robots - Cute Physics Platformer

Re: Nikki and the Robots - Cute Physics Platformer

Postby qubodup » 24 Sep 2012, 13:47

KIAaze {l Wrote}:I tried it on another PC and have a bug there: There is a black box around Nikki, and the computers in the game are all black, i.e. I cannot see them.

Thanks!
What happens if you delete all *Qt* files in nikki/ ?
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby KIAaze » 24 Sep 2012, 15:20

qubodup {l Wrote}:
KIAaze {l Wrote}:I tried it on another PC and have a bug there: There is a black box around Nikki, and the computers in the game are all black, i.e. I cannot see them.

Thanks!
What happens if you delete all *Qt* files in nikki/ ?

Yup, that fixes it! Danke! :)
KIAaze

Postby KIAaze » 25 Sep 2012, 05:17

I only just noticed now, but: How do you select which platform a user bought the game for?
Unlike the humble bundles, there is no account page where you can select your OS and there seems to be no way to do it when buying. Is it all based on the user agent given by the browser when buying? Or on some info sent by the game once you download the story episodes?
KIAaze

Postby qubodup » 26 Sep 2012, 12:50

We added a date to the page now. Although we're not sure we're gonna stop PWYW then.
KIAaze {l Wrote}:I only just noticed now, but: How do you select which platform a user bought the game for?
Unlike the humble bundles, there is no account page where you can select your OS and there seems to be no way to do it when buying. Is it all based on the user agent given by the browser when buying? Or on some info sent by the game once you download the story episodes?

It detects the browser. And unfortunately it's not possible to manually set or change the representing OS right now.
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby qubodup » 22 Nov 2012, 18:30

Nikki and the Robots is now on Steam Greenlight™.

It might end up being the first piece of software on Steam that is open source code and written in Haskell. (unless Naev beats us to the first :) )

Here's what Valve lately had to say about Steam on Linux by the way, there were some not-very specific questions about open source games too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNrrpnPlBrk
qubodup
Global Moderator