Simple Disc Room

Simple Disc Room

Postby dulsi » 18 Oct 2020, 12:10

A new game Disc Room is coming out. I've never heard of it but stumbled on their Disc Room Game Jam. It's to promote the game obviously but they include a simple disc room built in Game Maker. Since I've been wanting to try out godot, I decided to implement it in godot. It doesn't have the sound at the moment because there is no license included in the example sounds. I haven't decided if I will use there sounds or find some free equivalent.

Simple Disc Room Github

Web Version

I had troubled with Path2D. I hacked a solution but I suspect it is not the best. The game concept is similar to the "Dodge the Creeps!" example godot game.
dulsi

Re: Simple Disc Room

Postby dulsi » 25 Oct 2020, 16:50

My Pinball Disc Room is available. It is not open source yet. Haven't decided if I will do it before or after the end of the contest. I should probably cleanup some of the mess in the code.
dulsi

Postby dulsi » 30 Oct 2020, 00:30

Source code to Pinball Disc Room is now available.
dulsi

Postby Technopeasant » 09 Nov 2020, 02:48

Having some trouble figuring out the objective of Pinball Disc Room.

Your Simple Disc Room is one of the neater example games I have seen for Godot so far.
Technopeasant

Postby dulsi » 09 Nov 2020, 14:14

There is no objective in Pinball Disc Room other than survive as long as you can. Disc Room has doors in each room and they have rules for how to open them. To make something with longer play, you would need to do something like that.

The simplicity and fun of the example disc room was very nice. My original thought for a Disc Room Game Jam entry was to do something with floppy disks and insufficient room for files. But I liked the example they gave so I shelved that. (One thought for the floppy disc game was to make it a programming game. There would be simple game in it with "copy protection". You needed to remove the copy protection to pirate the game and add your pirated by screen.)
dulsi

Postby dulsi » 09 Nov 2020, 19:15

Open Game Source: Pinball Disc Room describes some of work that went into building the game and adding Gamerzilla support.
dulsi

Postby Technopeasant » 13 Nov 2020, 04:54

Technopeasant