Arcane Fortune -- build an empire one city at a time

Arcane Fortune -- build an empire one city at a time

Postby Darin » 28 Sep 2020, 22:05

Arcane Fortune is a game of empire building and conquest in a large world. You can think of it like a blending of Civilization and SimCity, plus some inspirations from Dwarf Fortress.

The project is in relatively early stages so playtesting is most wanted right now.
Second to playtesting, I also welcome code contributions. The game is a moving target, so if you want to get involved with code, the easiest way would be to contact me.

Darin

Re: Arcane Fortune -- build an empire one city at a time

Postby ffaf » 30 Sep 2020, 19:21

I am on a very slow connection and cannot download it, after some 15-20 minutes I get an error.
Are the Linux64 binaries available somewhere else (github, etc.)?
ffaf

Postby Darin » 30 Sep 2020, 22:24

Darin

Postby ffaf » 01 Oct 2020, 13:41

Playing it! The interface is a joy to use, really the most comfortable experience I have had in a long time, congrats!
I have founded a small city, building my town hall, sent a troop to explore the surroundings (and not have met any opponents).
I must say the beginning was a bit chaotic without a tuorial, but as I have said the exquisite interface helped me greatly. This game has potential, I hope to see it grow!
ffaf

Postby Darin » 01 Oct 2020, 23:57

Thanks for the feedback! I agree an in-game tutorial would be good. It'd allow people to learn faster than the guide I have up now on the wiki (and also I think not having the guide be in-game limits the audience too much).

I'm half delaying the in-game tutorial because: (A) I think there's a little more UI refinement I can do, which would necessarily make the tutorial outdated if added now, and (B) I want to add some more relatively-core-features like nobility, which could similarly outdate some of the tutorial.

Nobility I think will give the game a little more depth early on as these will be people that can help you along, but also sabotage you if you don't keep their interests somewhat in mind.

Anyway, if you think of more, now or in the future, let me know :)
Darin