Hello Worlds, RPG

Hello Worlds, RPG

Postby CYBERDEViL » 07 Feb 2020, 01:08

Hello Worlds is the project name of a in development 3D Role-playing game (RPG). It is coded using Python, Panda3d, Bullet engine and LUI (see Requirements for more info)

Links
Source
Wiki

Screenshots
Note: Models and textures seen are used for testing, final result will look diffrent, I hope haha. (Player won't be a box ;-))

Contribute
Hello Worlds is in a very early stage and almost everything still needs to be created. For now I'm the only developer,
others are welcome to contribute of course.

What this project really could use is input/feedback and idea's. People can contribute to this project by giving their inputs/ideas on anything related to this project. In this stage of development there isn't any need yet for artists, this comes later, but overall looks maybe discussed in advance.

This project doesn't have a platform for discussion yet except for the issue tracker on notabug.org, so for now that and maybe this thread? can be used.

Updates
09-02-2020 First work on the DataEditor
Last edited by CYBERDEViL on 09 Feb 2020, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
CYBERDEViL

Re: Hello Worlds, RPG

Postby Julius » 07 Feb 2020, 01:23

Seems cool. Maybe some work from Lips of Suna could be "recycled"? Or do you aim for a more realistic style?
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby CYBERDEViL » 07 Feb 2020, 20:38

Julius {l Wrote}:Seems cool. Maybe some work from Lips of Suna could be "recycled"? Or do you aim for a more realistic style?

I've took a look at the Lips of Suna assets and yeah I think some models could be "recycled" with new textures.

As for the style, I'm not aiming for a photorealistic style but I do prefer 3d-style over 2d-style (cel-shading) for this game.

Nice document about graphics styles: https://www.theseus.fi/bitstream/handle ... o_Mary.pdf
CYBERDEViL

First work on the DataEditor

Postby CYBERDEViL » 09 Feb 2020, 22:22

Little update: Currently I'm working on the assets data structure and a editor for it with Python and Qt, so it will get easier to create/edit data for Hello Worlds.

The code isn't online yet, it will be soon; first have to do some cleanups, fix some bugs and adjust the Hello Worlds code here and there to be compatible.

All moving actors (player and npc's) will require a collision shape, the shape size will be data loaded separate from the model (.egg file). The shape sizes have to be set manually, in the video below you can see a first look of a tool that can make that a lot easier. This will be embeded somewhere in the DataEditor shown in the picture above.

Collision shape test video
CYBERDEViL

Postby CYBERDEViL » 04 Mar 2020, 00:05

Update: Added first character model drafts with animations. In the video below you
can see a small demonstration of the female and male character animations.

Video: https://peertube.mastodon.host/videos/w ... f680f2572e

Also I've been playing around with adding projectile effects like shooting a fireball but I didn't
get the effect I was hoping for. Maybe someone with Panda3d experience has some tips or
techniques that he/she likes to share?
CYBERDEViL