Widelands

Widelands

Postby GunChleoc » 04 May 2019, 19:23

Widelands Build 20 Released

The Widelands Development Team is proud to announce the immediate availability of Widelands Build 20. Widelands is a free, cross-platform economy strategy game in which players control the fate of a small tribe that can grow into a big empire, in a style of play that is unique in the open source world.

widelands-homepage.jpg

Since the previous release, we have implemented over 400 features, code cleanups and bug fixes. Build 20 features a new tribe – the Frisians – as well as four new campaign scenarios and a new “Barracks” building for recruiting soldiers. Also, the AI has been rewritten to use a genetic algorithm. The user interface comes with new features that make it easier to use, like map zoom, dropdown menus, a new ships list, and improved keyboard navigation. Build 20 also continues the behind the scenes cleanup, polish and modernization that was started with Build 19. There have been additional improvements to the stability and performance, as well as numerous bug-fixes.

Full announcement on Widelands Homepage
GunChleoc

Re: Widelands

Postby Wuzzy » 07 May 2019, 01:40

I knew Widelands before, it's a nice beta and has a lot of potential. You can already do a ton of stuff, and there is a lot of attention to detail.

But singleplayer is VERY short. It's nice to see a few extensions to the campaigns. I hope future versions will have completed the campaigns one day.

I stopped playing a long time ago simply for the lack of singleplayer content. I guess I will check out the new missions soon, even if it's only 4 of them.
Wuzzy

Re: Widelands

Postby XGenGamer » 07 May 2019, 10:45

Excellent!

Another nice new feature is the ingame-clock in the top left corner.

My other favourite new features might be: - hosting online matches right away - without port-forwarding - seeing which wares are on their way - the auto-speed command - improvements to production-sides' logic (including forester) - replays of collectors-matches and online-collectors-matches without crashes
XGenGamer