CubeCreate 3D Game Engine

CubeCreate 3D Game Engine

Postby CyanDynamo » 25 Jan 2011, 09:01

Hi guys.

I wanted to let you know about CubeCreate (abbreviated cC). We want to bring a modern, genre-flexible 3D engine to the FOSS world. That's an ambitious goal and we need all the help we can get. Here's our "press release" asking for help. You don't need to be a team member; all contributions are welcome. We've got an energetic community that's willing to show you the ropes, so don't be shy. We're also willing to learn, so if you've got something to teach, we're all ears.

I know that everyone is looking for artists and coders, so I'll try to name a few specific roles we need. Coders are always welcome, but we are in dire need of artists. We lost our lead artist recently, and it's a serious blow to the art potential at cC. We definitely need 3D artists, especially for player models and rigging, so if you have experience there, please join up. Audio artists are very welcome.

I should mention that we are in the home stretch of developing our first pre-alpha release, tentatively scheduled for January 31st, so be sure to check out cC soon even if you can't help.
CyanDynamo

Re: CubeCreate 3D Game Engine

Postby TheAncientGoat » 25 Jan 2011, 09:13

CubeCreat has been mentioned on Free Gamer before (not by me, although i have been tempted to abuse my posting-powers in such a way before }:D), I hope with the pre-pre-alpha slapdash release gets a couple of people interested because it's always faar easier to keep people interested if there is actually something to do :)
TheAncientGoat
Community Moderator

Postby charlie » 28 Jan 2011, 13:58

Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Julius » 28 Jan 2011, 21:05

Ahh don't use that old crappy space marine of mine... really bad meshflow, way to highpoly and not suitable for animation at all. The one from Ufo:AI seems quite nice though! Really skilled new modeler they have helping them there.
Julius
Community Moderator

CubeCreate Pre-Alpha

Postby TheAncientGoat » 02 Apr 2011, 11:42

CubeCreate, a fork/extension of the dormant Freegamedev associate Syntensity, finally released a pre alpha yesterday (announcement here). It ports all of the new Cube2/Sauerbraten features to the Syntensity codebase, and replaces Javascript with Lua.

Not much to play/see yet though, but it's fully workable so if you know your lua and want to help, check it out!
TheAncientGoat
Community Moderator