Neverball Clockwork

Neverball Clockwork

Postby Wuzzy » 24 Sep 2018, 22:26

Neverball Clockwork is a game of skill in which you roll a ball through various stages by tilting the entire levels. You try to collect as many coins as possible or reach the exit as fast as possible to beat the easy, medium or hard score. There are many level sets with way over 100 levels, ranging from pretty easy to really, really hard.

Screenshot:

As the name suggests, Neverball Clockwork is based on Neverball. It is almost identical to Neverball, but comes with two additional levelsets (Clockwork Alpha and Clockwork Beta) with 25 new levels each and a new power-up which gives you extra time (hence the name “Clockwork”).

Attachments
WebTree.png
WebTree.png (71.6 KiB) Viewed 1765 times
Wuzzy

Re: Neverball Clockwork

Postby Wuzzy » 24 Sep 2018, 22:56

Just for the record, I am not a Neverball developer. But it brings back memories.

Neverball is an old classic. I really love this game. It is one of these games that never gets old. I have known Neverball for a really long time, and I have seen it grow over the years, with more and more levels being added. I can recall times when Neverball only had a few levels very long ago. I don't even know the year in which I first installed Neverball, but it was probably one or two eternities ago.

The level design is overall great and have huge replay value. The concept is very simple but darn-well executed.

It's very well-polished and offers a lot of challenges to complete. Even if you completed a level set, you can still try to collect all the coins, or beat the “Hard” time. Normally, you can beat each level individually. But there's also “Challenge Mode”, in which you must beat all levels of a level set in order and start with 2 lives. Obviously, it's much harder than just beating each level alone. But Challenge Mode also unlocks bonus levels after every 4 levels you complete. It's a very interesting system.

If Neverball is already a real gem of a game, then Neverball Clockwork is a clear must-have, because it adds even more levels which are also quite fun to play. The clock power-up is a nice and welcome addition. The levels play creatively with the new element. From the quality, they are comparable with the classic Neverball level sets. The clock does not appear in all levels, but that's alright. The difficulty goes from easy to hard.

I have not completed all the levels of Neverball (+Clockwork), but most of them. Nevermania and Retour de Force are the only level sets I did not complete, those contain some really insane levels. So far, I made it to level 6 in Nevermania and level 13 in Retour de Force. I did not unlock all the bonus levels as well. I am already proud for winning Tour de Force. :)

How far did you come in Neverball so far? Did any of you play Neverball Clockwork yet? :)
Wuzzy