Heresy, Flare mod - First Act Released!! Bug fixes

Re: Heresy, Flare mod - Need help creating/organizing story

Postby Danimal » 07 Nov 2020, 17:52

Ok, so, i want to tackle item population of the game. I have a few that wont change in the whole game, money (duh) and potions:
Small health Potion - recovers 25% Hp
Health Potion - recovers 50% Hp
Big health Potion - recovers 75% Hp
Small mana Potion - recovers 25% Mp
Mana Potion - recovers 50% Mp
Big mana Potion - recovers 75% Mp
Elixir potion - Restore 50% of maximum HP and MP
Panacea potion - Cures all negative effects
Regeneration Potion - Restore some HP and MP over an extended time.

This ones are easy enough, the problem are loot items, Flare doesnt have a random item generator, which is a real pain since they must be created one by one and taking into account the point of the game where they appear. So for streamlining creation i thougth of this system:
Quality (lesser, normal, high, supreme) + Atributte + type (of the item: sword, amulet...): Ex:
Lesser warrior ring (small +Str)
Magician amulet (average +Int)
For items with mixed bonus ill use some cool names, ex, Crusader (+Str +Def), Bandit (+Agi, +Str)...; since ill also let enemies drop items higher than their level, to give the player something to look for on a future level up (and some utility to the stash), i plan asking for the 70% of the neccesary stat so the player can use it (ex: War-axe a Lv10 item, each lv up the player get 5 points (so 50 points for a pure Str char at lv10 ) , so its the 70% of 50 str points = 35 Str points requiered to use that axe) and 30% if a second stat is required (bows need Dex and Str) so for a Lv10 bow, the char needs 35 Dex and 15 Str. Rings will only have a Lv requeriment since they are intended to help raise needed stats.

Besides that, i think magic items should count a lv higher than they are(+1 if just one attribute, +2 for two extra attributes...), ex: Club-lv5 = 16 Str needed, Lesser warrior club-lv5 = 21 Str needed...

This is a bit complex but i trust will give the illusion of variety, and even so i fear it will fall short. What do you guys think?
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 18 Jun 2021, 15:42

ITS DONE!!! After a year and half im finally done with a hopeful first and not last Act; balance may be off since its the first time i make something this big; I tested warrior class and it plays well, magician/archer probably need further balance.
I would love to hear your opinions on the mod overall, problems, bugs, story...

Just a quick recap, i added over 11 new enemies with 35 variants (some of them are not used yet until its their turn), over 6 new songs, lots of new sounds, modified skills, a storyline, cutscenes... and many more.
First act is a small homenage to Diablo; Start can be a tiny bit slow, please bear with the few NPC dialogs at first until you get to the carnage, being the opening act it has more text than future act.
I stimate over 2 hours playtime without rushing, Warning! its harder than vainilla Flare and squishy classes can possibly have a bad time; if you decide to get the cheat items "Smugler Weird" sells them.

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjizebilpmunw ... SY.7z?dl=0

To play it, you need to unzip, move Heresy folder into Flare/Mods, run Flare -> configuraton -> Mods , in that screen at the left (Active mods) you need to have "Fantasy core" and "Heresy"

Warning!!!! Version 1.11 of Flare required to play, you can download from:
https://flarerpg.org/download/
Attachments
Ice magics.jpg
Boarclan.jpg
mines.jpg
cellar.jpg
inventory.jpg
Last edited by Danimal on 20 Jun 2021, 13:24, edited 3 times in total.
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby ffaf » 18 Jun 2021, 15:53

Congrats! Dl'ing now!

(for the unaware, since I found no instructions, on Debian system just
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
mv HERESY/ ~/.local/share/flare/mods/

and then run + enable it in configuration/mods.
ffaf

Re: Heresy, Flare mod - First Act Released!!

Postby ffaf » 18 Jun 2021, 16:03

* ERROR: FileParser: Could not open text file: npcs/Act1farwam.txt: No such file or directory!

(note that a Act1Farwam.txt — notice case — file is present). Is flare 1.09.01 enough to run this btw?
ffaf

Postby Danimal » 18 Jun 2021, 16:05

no, at least 1.11 is required; i think, i made everything using it
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby ffaf » 18 Jun 2021, 16:13

Danimal {l Wrote}:no, at least 1.11 is required; i think, i made everything using it

Excellent I will get a newer version now (this info should be added to the readme!)
ffaf

Postby Danimal » 18 Jun 2021, 16:22

Thanks, im adding warnings and your suggestions as the first player/guinea pig ;)
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby PeterX » 18 Jun 2021, 16:44

Hi, I just noticed this thread because of your current answer. I wasn't aware of Heresy before. How is the project's status? In terms of playability and in terms of developing the story/plot.

OK when it comes to playability I found this link;
https://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic ... 4a#p103048

And how about th story's development? It is done?

On Jastiv's comment: I was a pure Windows user, then used both Win and Lin and now am a pure Linux user. When I was a Win user, I hated the Unix/Linux users' arrogance. And I definitely tried a lot of FLOSS games which didn't compile and I threw them away. As a developer I try to get rid of bugs. But as a player I stop trying to build/run it immediately if and when I stumble over a bug.

Greetings
Peter
PeterX

Postby ffaf » 18 Jun 2021, 16:48

I am in the cathedral cellar, killed all the critter (even the one in the «magic» room), but cannot go up, when I am near the stairs I get an «Unknown destination». Flare 1.11
ffaf

Postby Danimal » 18 Jun 2021, 17:00

PeterX; its just the first act, its fully playable (bugs allowing) and story is overarching, there is a main quest which get a conclussion on the first act and will chain with others in future acts.

As for Unix/Linux ill try and help or cry for help to Dorkster.

FFNA, you cant go upstairs from where you came? Not even once at first entry? You must be good to kill all critters without resupplying. Let me check, but in windows it works well. Did you get the missian acomplished message? (unrelated to bug)
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 18 Jun 2021, 17:43

Updated Flare version for Linux (Thanks to Dorkster) may help since i built around a newre version than the homepage for Flare:

Linux:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VCyspH ... sp=sharing

and Windows:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15wuhWw ... sp=sharing

Dorkster = "I'm not sure why changing maps wouldn't work, but it would be helpful to see their log file (located at ~/.config/flare/flare_log.txt)"
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby ffaf » 18 Jun 2021, 19:42

Danimal {l Wrote}:FFNA, you cant go upstairs from where you came? Not even once at first entry? You must be good to kill all critters without resupplying. Let me check, but in windows it works well. Did you get the missian acomplished message? (unrelated to bug)

Tried again, this time without slaughtering all them critters. Still "unknown location".
ffaf

Postby Danimal » 18 Jun 2021, 19:52

FFAF, did you try the new linux build? also:

Dorkster = "I'm not sure why changing maps wouldn't work, but it would be helpful to see their log file (located at ~/.config/flare/flare_log.txt)"
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby ffaf » 19 Jun 2021, 19:38

my flare log. I just load the game (I am in the cellar) and try to go up (exit it), but can’t.

{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
### Flare log file

INFO: Flare 1.11.89 (Linux)
INFO: main: PATH_CONF = '/home/f/.config/flare/'
INFO: main: PATH_USER = '/home/f/.local/share/flare/'
INFO: main: PATH_DATA = './'
INFO: Active mods: default, fantasycore (1.11.07), empyrean_campaign (1.11.19), HERESY
INFO: MessageEngine: Using language 'en'
INFO: InputState: No joysticks were found.
INFO: Using Render Device: SDLHardwareRenderDevice (hardware, SDL 2, x11)
INFO: RenderDevice: 1 display(s), using display 0 (1280x800 @ 60hz)
INFO: RenderDevice: Internal render size is 960x600
INFO: RenderDevice: Window size is 1280x800
INFO: RenderDevice: Fullscreen=0, Hardware surfaces=1, Vsync=1, Texture Filter=1
INFO: RenderDevice: Display DPI is 98.206894
INFO: SoundManager: Using SDLSoundManager (SDL2, pulseaudio)
INFO: GameStateCutscene: Loading cutscene 'cutscenes/intro.txt'
INFO: GameStateCutscene: No scenes defined in cutscene file cutscenes/intro.txt
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/animations/avatar/female/ladle.txt:57] AnimationSet: Frame count 6 != 0 for matching animation in animations/hero.txt
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/animations/avatar/female/pot_helmet.txt:57] AnimationSet: Frame count 6 != 0 for matching animation in animations/hero.txt
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/animations/avatar/female/pot_lid.txt:57] AnimationSet: Frame count 6 != 0 for matching animation in animations/hero.txt
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/powers.txt:1202] PowerManager: '' is not a valid key
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:33] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:43] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:55] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:100] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:145] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:195] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:205] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:206] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:255] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:265] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:277] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:287] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:297] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:309] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:319] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:330] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:340] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:353] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:363] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:374] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:384] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:397] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:417] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:462] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:508] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:555] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:565] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:575] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:585] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:599] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:609] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:619] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:630] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:640] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:650] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:663] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:673] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:683] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:694] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:704] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:714] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:726] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:736] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:746] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:756] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:766] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:784] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:791] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:803] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:849] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:895] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:941] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:951] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:961] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:971] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:983] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:993] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1003] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1013] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1027] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1037] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1048] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1058] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1072] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1082] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1093] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1103] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1114] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1124] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1138] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1148] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1159] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1169] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1180] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1190] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1203] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1213] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1223] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1234] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1244] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1257] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1267] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1277] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1287] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1299] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1309] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1319] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1330] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1340] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1350] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1362] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1372] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1382] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1393] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1403] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1413] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1427] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1438] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1448] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1460] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1470] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1480] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1493] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1503] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1513] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1525] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1535] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1545] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1557] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1567] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1580] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1590] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1600] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1614] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1624] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1634] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1648] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1658] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/powers/trees/default.txt:1668] MenuPowers: visible_requires_status is deprecated. Use requires_status and visible_when_locked=false instead.
INFO: Map: Loading map 'maps/Act1ChurchCellar.txt'
ERROR: Map: Hero spawn position (hero_pos) not defined in map header. Defaulting to (0,0).
ERROR: SDLHardwareRenderDevice: Couldn't load image: 'images/tilesets/tiled_dungeon_2x2.png'. SDL_RWFromFile(): No file or no mode specified
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/animations/avatar/female/ladle.txt:57] AnimationSet: Frame count 6 != 0 for matching animation in animations/hero.txt
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/animations/avatar/female/pot_helmet.txt:57] AnimationSet: Frame count 6 != 0 for matching animation in animations/hero.txt
ERROR: [/home/f/.local/share/flare/mods/HERESY/animations/avatar/female/pot_lid.txt:57] AnimationSet: Frame count 6 != 0 for matching animation in animations/hero.txt
ffaf

Postby Danimal » 19 Jun 2021, 23:41

Most likely its not this, but could remove Empyrean from the loaded mods?
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 20 Jun 2021, 00:08

Incredibly dumb error:

Of course, the actual error (invalid map file name) is something that the engine isn't logging :)
I'll add an appropriate log message for this.

The intermap event is failing because everything that's not Windows is case sensitive. Instead of intermap=maps/Act1triston.txt, it should be intermap=maps/Act1Triston.txt. This is why we don't use uppercase in our mod file names. It's easier to do the same thing across the board.

Ill do some cleaning and reupload tomorrow
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 20 Jun 2021, 13:23

I renamed all maps and npcs without capitals and using a diferent name convention, which should erase all Linux capital related errors. I also lowered the number of enemies into the starter Chuch cellar mission and Iron mines quest.; and a bug that jumped the player to Lv11 when dying.
Please give it a try now; i went tru the whole story without any errors.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjizebilpmunw ... SY.7z?dl=0

I got a few questions from other Linux user, can a Linux user comfirm same errors?:

- The first map is sluggish.
- Fountain rendering is broken.
- The Slime is sometimes rendered on top of walls.
- It looks like Small health potion is not restoring any health at all.
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby ffaf » 20 Jun 2021, 15:29

Works fine now!

Danimal {l Wrote}:I got a few questions from other Linux user, can a Linux user comfirm same errors?:

- The first map is sluggish.
- Fountain rendering is broken.
- The Slime is sometimes rendered on top of walls.
- It looks like Small health potion is not restoring any health at all.

First map is not sluggish.
Rendering of the fountain is a tad broken yeah.
No problems with the slime.
Small health potion is indeed not working (or working slowly?).

I have not a cosy pet slime and am embroiled in Goblin shenanigans!
ffaf

Postby Danimal » 20 Jun 2021, 17:33

Thanks; in which way is the fountain broken? like the water falls too slow or its a jumping mess of graphics?; i can confirm the engine update broke the potions, will look into fixing it. Another question, are the powers working well? the potion is actually power so the other migth be not working as well

Edit: Class skills dont even appear, what a mess, will consult with Dorskter again...
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby ffaf » 20 Jun 2021, 18:15

Danimal {l Wrote}:Thanks; in which way is the fountain broken? like the water falls too slow or its a jumping mess of graphics?; i can confirm the engine update broke the potions, will look into fixing it. Another question, are the powers working well? the potion is actually power so the other migth be not working as well

Edit: Class skills dont even appear, what a mess, will consult with Dorskter again...

a frame is «off frame» (looks like the fountain is moving a few pixel). Powers: no idea, what are those?

If I may give you and dorskter a tip; use a Virtual Machine! It might be a pain to set up at first, but then it is pretty automatic and you will instaget how to get cross-platform stuff work fine.
ffaf

Postby Danimal » 20 Jun 2021, 18:33

There are 3 classes, Farwam is to teach you 3 skills related to the one you choose plus a few pasives (pasives are wip for now, will help a bit), for warriors Bash, Swipe, Charge; for magicians Magic bolt, Shield and Frost surge and for rangers Piercing arrow, Haste, Caltrops plus 7 pasives. Each skill has 5 upgrade levels; as of now you wont be able to clear the last level, which is quite hard and no doubt need potions. The modder should unlock all of them plus the ones that are just a placeholder but the engine changed some code and it doenst show a single one. Ill fix as soon as i can.
Danimal
OD Moderator

Re: Heresy, Flare mod - First Act Released!! Bug fixes

Postby Danimal » 23 Jun 2021, 01:21

New engine version correcting critical bugs:

- Fixes potions and player skills show up when choosing a class(Farwam)/talking to modder
- Xp table and Lv-ups should work now, no level jumping
- I reworked the fountain, since i cant reproduce visual bug in windows i cant tell if its fixed or not.
- Lv1 rats now drop "Rat fetish", "trauma rat" has increased drop chance
- Player gets rewarded a "Wolf fetish" for certain quest instead of a rat one.
- Proper end of Act

Guys/girls i would love to know your opinion about the mod

Download(only mod):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrr11qsnihajt ... od.7z?dl=0

To play it, you need to unzip, move Heresy folder into Flare/Mods, run Flare -> configuraton -> Mods , in that screen at the left (Active mods) you need to have "Fantasy core" and "Heresy". Or if you are a windows user just download this file, unzip and run:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvvrfbu4v93tu ... sy.7z?dl=0

Warning!!!! New version of Flare required to play, you can download from:

- Updated Flare version for Linux (Thanks to Dorkster)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yvi0_6 ... sp=sharing

and Windows:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_SzRi5 ... sp=sharing
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Julius » 23 Jun 2021, 01:56

Errm, I guess it is supposed to be an homage, but the town seems really similar to Diablo1 ;)

I also didn't understand that I had to talk to the blacksmith to begin the quest until checking the quest log. Maybe I over-read something, but because of that I first wandered aimlessly around and started to wonder if there even is a story.

Once I got to the church cellars I quickly died a few times because there are way too many monsters in bulk there... so difficulty is definitely something to work on. You can't even flee back down a corridor or so, as everything is so open and full of monsters.
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby Danimal » 23 Jun 2021, 02:16

:cool: Thats why you start with so many potions, try to get some loot to sell and upgrade your equipment. But you are going to be chugging potions like crazy the whole mod, i intended it like that.
It worries me the players will get bored or stressed so soon, with a bit of equipment the cellar gets easy soon; ill see what i can do to clarify the initial quest line. Please keep on playing and tell your impresions, no matter if good or bad.
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby ffaf » 23 Jun 2021, 08:31

Playing it now, difficulty is quite difficult, characters are alive and with good lines. I am totally not sold on having to download a new flare version every time I download a new Heresy version, I would much prefer some kind of compatibility over the enginge. Why is the «Powers» icon highlighted but I cannot pick any power once I open it?
In the past run I arrived to the second map (goblin), another hard and open map: the encounter (goblin chief) was rewarding enough again with some nice dialogue: it is a bit frustrating to have to restart each time you update heresy.
All in all I am having a good time but this seems in Alpha and needs bugs to be ironed out before being released to the general public (or even in beta among forum members).

I am a bit economical in my feedback because I much prefer the interface of the new forums xD silly phpbb..
ffaf