OpenGameArt

OpenGameArt

Postby Jodirhanna » 22 Dec 2016, 07:16

Im going to make a suggestion to all OpenGameArt contributors: please encompass a report with the license and credit with the asset. Im taking a few fashions and sounds from the website online and that i need to manually copy the consumer names to my AUTHORS record, and of path I haven't any concept if the person name is what the asset author needs in the game credit as opposed to his real call, internet site, etc
Jodirhanna

Re: OpenGameArt

Postby Julius » 25 Dec 2016, 15:34

Yeah, its a bit of a hassle. Its nice that places like Blend Swap automatically add it to the zip-file.
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby eugeneloza » 25 Dec 2016, 16:29

I think it's a good idea to post this to opengameart :) While there are artists with accounts at opengamearts present at freegamedev, still site's goal is a little different.
However, yes, automatic adding of the license information looks much better than adding it manually. E.g. as far as I remember OpenGameArt user agreeement additionally requires inclusion of the link back to the site (most useful would be a direct link to the content, which will actually appear only after the art has been submitted).
eugeneloza

Postby c_xong » 26 Dec 2016, 13:02

Unfortunately OGA's development is very slow and unresponsive. You might have better luck writing a userscript.
c_xong

Postby farcodev » 30 Dec 2016, 19:48

I do the same, I setup a particular directory for a contributor w/ license and source (like OGA for ex) in its name, to remember where it comes from
farcodev