Goat Attack, a GPLv3 multiplayer shooter

Goat Attack, a GPLv3 multiplayer shooter

Postby Akien » 28 Aug 2016, 16:53

I stumbled upon Goat Attack today, which is a nice GPLv3 multiplayer shooter which reminds Teeworlds a lot, but is only played with the keyboard (while Teeworlds is keyboard + mouse).

Source repo: https://github.com/goatattack/goatattack

It builds and runs well, and is quite funny. The existing servers seem more or less empty, but I've played DeathMatch and Capture the Flag with some buddies, it's fun :)

Upstream doesn't seem that active lately, but I've opened a good number of issues (and a couple pull requests) to improve the packaging, let's see what comes out of it. My main concern is the lack of explicit licensing information for the data (see this issue), I fear that some of the music tracks might be nonfree - will see what upstream answers.
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Re: Goat Attack, a GPLv3 multiplayer shooter

Postby Lyberta » 29 Aug 2016, 02:53

Deleted.
Last edited by Lyberta on 01 Oct 2021, 06:45, edited 1 time in total.
Lyberta

Postby Akien » 29 Aug 2016, 06:55

Nope.
Akien

Postby palrogg » 19 Oct 2016, 16:37

Looks great! I downloaded the Mac OS version. But I currently can't join any of the online servers because of a "version mismatch" (version 0.44 wasn't released on Windows and Mac yet). I tried to join my own game on the same computer, as you could do with XEvil, but it said "address already in use"... I need an opponent with version 0.43 or a second computer :-)
GitHub / LGPL platformer: Edgar the Explorer
palrogg

Postby Akien » 29 Oct 2016, 10:19

palrogg {l Wrote}:Looks great! I downloaded the Mac OS version. But I currently can't join any of the online servers because of a "version mismatch" (version 0.44 wasn't released on Windows and Mac yet). I tried to join my own game on the same computer, as you could do with XEvil, but it said "address already in use"... I need an opponent with version 0.43 or a second computer :-)

I imagine the Mac OS version shouldn't be too hard to build from sources?
Akien