OpenGameArt licenses

OpenGameArt licenses

Postby rogerdv » 20 Sep 2010, 13:01

Im going to make a suggestion to all OpenGameArt contributors: please include a file with the license and credit with the asset. Im taking some models and sounds from the site and I have to manually copy the user names to my AUTHORS file, and of course I have no idea if the user name is what the asset author wants in the game credits instead of his real name, website, etc.
rogerdv

Re: OpenGameArt licenses

Postby Julius » 20 Sep 2010, 14:05

Maybe you should post this in the opengameart forum instead? But yes I agree, this is really a big help when dealing with many different works.

Maybe someone could write a quick template for this?
Last edited by Julius on 21 Sep 2010, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby Sindwiller » 21 Sep 2010, 16:04

Maybe someone could write a quick template for this?

That would be the way to go, I guess, considering that OGA always has the author's e-mail adress and so on in its database. We should confront bart with that ;)
My gamedesign blawg!
<remaxim>well, it is called freegamedev... means you develop games for other people for free xD

.Net/Mono is a rabid beast cursed with M$-specific limitations and sh*t. XNA isn't much better. Remember that, kids.
Sindwiller

Postby qubodup » 21 Sep 2010, 18:32

IMHO all this should be taken care of automatically. Currently there are even no links to the license pages/summaries.

I think a textfile should be generated for each art submission which contains file names, license links and credits.
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby Sindwiller » 21 Sep 2010, 19:48

I think a textfile should be generated for each art submission which contains file names, license links and credits.

That's what we're asking for, actually. :)
My gamedesign blawg!
<remaxim>well, it is called freegamedev... means you develop games for other people for free xD

.Net/Mono is a rabid beast cursed with M$-specific limitations and sh*t. XNA isn't much better. Remember that, kids.
Sindwiller