Introduce yourself

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby oln » 26 Oct 2010, 22:20

Hi, i'm a student from Norway currently working on my Informatics masters degree, scouting for a project to contribute to. Have some game development experience (programming) from my bachelors degree, but allways looking to learn more.
oln

Postby Arthur » 27 Oct 2010, 15:36

More norwegians! :o Is it possible? Welcome! :)
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby sathion » 28 Oct 2010, 08:51

Hey all =)

Here to create and discuss game development with you all, I am basically scrambling for as much info as I can so I can cram it in for a chance at a spot in a course for my Advanced Diploma of Professional Game Development.

So far I have a few things that I am tweaking and hopefully this will be a great place for me to share them with people.

Cheers.
Sathion
sathion

Postby RB[0] » 31 Oct 2010, 05:03

Hello everyone :)

I'm Matt, but better known as RB[0] or roebros.
I write lots of different kinds of software, mainly in Python.
Lately I've been working on rebooting GalaxyMage with a team we took through Pyweek.

I've been programming for several years now, moving up from simple modding in Wesnoth, to creating my own games, engines and applications.
RB[0]

Postby Andru » 13 Nov 2010, 23:46

I'm Andrey, from Ukraine. I'm developer of some open source games and 2D engine written in Pascal.
Andru

Postby KroArtem » 14 Nov 2010, 19:23

Hello, Andru
I suppose it is yours website?
http://andru-kun.inf.ua/index.html
Nice to see some people here speaking Russian (I'm from Russia)
I was going to read your articles about linux and pascal, but still don't have enough time (+ I'm too lazy :))
KroArtem

Postby Andru » 14 Nov 2010, 20:07

I suppose it is yours website?

Yes.

was going to read your articles about linux and pascal, but still don't have enough time

They are little bit old and with some not good solutions, maybe later I will correct them(but I'm lazy too :))

Nice to see some people here speaking Russian (I'm from Russia)

Да, всегда приятно встретить русскоговорящего на зарубежном форуме :)
Andru

Postby KroArtem » 14 Nov 2010, 22:40

Some Offtopic:
Да, кажется, это ты поделил на ноль, увидев скриншоты Lips Of Suna. ;) Здесь есть официальная ветка игры, поэтому можно в любой момент высказать свое фи разработчику, который, кстати, залил в git вчера немного новой графики.
KroArtem

Postby Andru » 14 Nov 2010, 22:57

Answer to some offtopic:
Скриншоты игры не так страшны сами по себе(все же проект развивается), как требования для них, а переубеждать автора - бесполезное и неблагодарное занятие, к тому же не хочу в чужой 3D-огород лезть, ввиду того, что за плечами игры только 2D, а 3D - так, на поиграться демками и технологиями... :)
Andru

Postby KroArtem » 14 Nov 2010, 23:03

Ну, все-таки в чем-то автор прав, не стал заморачиваться с поддержкой старых версий opengl (он ведь все-таки один пилит игру, поэтому не может\не хочет распыляться на поддержку того, что ему не нужно)
А здесь, опять же, много 2D игр, есть что посмотреть и пощупать.
KroArtem

Postby Pinecone » 23 Nov 2010, 03:28

Well, you can call me Pinecone.

I'm a pixel artist looking for a project.
I thought I would stop in and see if anyone would appreciate my services.

I'm hoping that if I get involved in the community, some of the more technical work might rub off on me.
Pinecone

Postby Danimal » 23 Nov 2010, 14:12

Hello, just another dungeon keeper fan wanting to help this project make it to the end.
I got some minor modelling skill, so i may help when i have free time.
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby sk84z » 08 Dec 2010, 05:17

Group Description: Hello, I am currently a freshman at USF. My major is currently English, but I plan on transferring to UCF next fall for their Digital Media Game Design program. I am not a programmer or an artist yet, but I believe the program is well rounded. But although I am only 18 and lack many hard skills, I see my value increasing in the future. Hopefully, UCF will familiarize me with programming, art, and even more intimately with designing. As a designer I have several talents. I can write stories - plots, characters, themes, and settings. I can create virtual civilizations and institutions - races, cultures, economies, politics, stratification, social organization, and religions. I can invent items - species, weapons, armor, mounts, monsters, machines, artillery, spells, skills, and attacks. I can create purpose - objectives, and goals. Most importantly, I think outside the box - I allow my mind to flow, I redefine genres, and I create worlds. As a producer I also come in handy. I am an organizer - I can schedule, allocate tasks, oversee projects, create and meet deadlines, and present ideas efficiently. I am a leader - I can set team goals, solve group issues, and discipline and motivate the team. Lastly, I may not know much about the "real world" as I think I do, but I know a lot, and will learn much more as time passes. But I can and will (for whatever business I end up working for) work for the best interest for the business in terms of finance, productivity, and growth. Unfortunately, I can only work with the resources and skills available. Therefore this 'job' will be more of a hobby or project in that it is for amateurs to gain experience and knowledge, not to make money. At least not initially. However, I do realize that the game industry requires dedication and flexibility in addition to the mere fact that I still have a ways to come. However, if you are interested in working with me (now (long distance) or down the road), please inform me, and maybe we can working something out. I am sending this because I do realize that finding the right people is the hardest part of creating not only a game development team, but also a business. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Email: pjlegendre@yahoo.com
sk84z

Postby qubodup » 08 Dec 2010, 10:43

@sk84y: this sounds like an interesting read, but I can't go on after the first sentence. Would you please be so kind to add paragraphs? :)
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby oln » 09 Dec 2010, 13:25

Arthur {l Wrote}:More norwegians! :o Is it possible? Welcome! :)

Ahh, nice, didn't notice your post untill now.
Er det flere nordmenn her?
oln

Postby Arthur » 09 Dec 2010, 14:24

Ikke så vidt jeg vet. Kan være svensker/dansker her, men er ikke sikker. ;)

To the moderators: I just wrote something really obscene in Norwegian. xD
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby Lazza » 13 Dec 2010, 12:08

Sorry, this is not my first post but the second. :) I'm Andrea from Italy*. I like to blog a lot about Linux and my life. :P I also help to administrate "Gimp Italia" which is the Italian GIMP community of users.
Apologize in advance if I don't write all acronyms with capitals... ;)

_____
* (remember: in Italy it's a male name since it comes from the greek "andros")
Lazza

Postby Afr0 » 16 Dec 2010, 14:06

I'm a programmer from Norway.
I know C# and C++ (and, to a lesser extent - C).
Also am familiar with various BASIC dialects.
Afr0

Postby glestman » 19 Dec 2010, 18:03

Hi i am from germany and i mainly registered because want to post about some bugs i found and other things on supertuxkart 0.7 rc2
glestman

Postby arnestig » 20 Dec 2010, 07:08

Tobias Eliasson, known as Arnestig.
Founder and developer of Dawn RPG (http://dawn-rpg.sf.net/)
arnestig

Postby kalado » 20 Dec 2010, 07:09

Hello, this is my first post, I'm Cyrille, french, and really interested in open source games. I know the basics of C and C++ but I'm mostly interested in Blender and I'm here because I plan to model karts for my own and want to share them with the community.
kalado

Postby Edward_Lii » 20 Dec 2010, 17:21

Hello all,

My name is Edward Lii.
I'm the lead developer of PagesOfAdventure.

I've discovered these forums through SuperTuxKart and began to follow it for a bit.
Now I've finally registered to these forums. ;)
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby lignux » 31 Dec 2010, 11:57

Hi all

I'm Daniel, comes from Germany and use Arch linux (of curce :D). Yes... What should i say? I can a little bit program in Java and of curse i think that supertuxkart is a great game...

So... see you soon...
lignux

Postby richardjames13 » 03 Jan 2011, 05:22

I'm Richard from Australia.

I've been interested in game development since I was a kid. For various reasons in the past I have never been able to accomplish my goal of developing games. I hope to write some in the coming years. I prefer 2D to 3D, for simplicities sake and I'm programming using python and pygame.
richardjames13

Postby Henry Swanson » 06 Jan 2011, 16:51

Sup yall, I'm Henry Swanson:

I'm a hardcore gamer, artist & writer (mainly Cyberpunk) and have an interest in issues & concepts such as Electronic Literature, Copyright, Authorship, Plagiarism, Postmodernism, Intellectual Property and the emerging implications of things like Crowd Sourcing, Remixing, File Sharing / P2P & the Open Source movement on Free (Libre!) Culture generally.

I was part of the oldskool Amiga Demo Scene, and also think that Killer 7, Rez, Deus Ex & Mercenary III are the shiznit.

L8ers.
"I am Diogenes the Dog. I nuzzle the kind, bark at the greedy and bite scoundrels." - Διογένης ὁ Κυνικός
Henry Swanson