Introduce yourself

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby Wilker » 08 Sep 2019, 04:25

hewwo ^w^

i'm Wilker, from Brazil.

i have been wanting to be a game dev or a programmer for a long time, but it has always been hard to me to even start properly due to personal problems. currently, it is because i don't have a job to fix my computer, so i am unable to study at all, so all i can do at the moment is comment on issues in Github and stuff.

the FOSS community is amazing, and i feel like i have many ideas that i want to show to people so i can help with open source projects, specially for interface design, so whenever i get the chance, i want to help with this game too.

so hi :3
Wilker

Postby Ricky_Van » 18 Sep 2019, 04:14

Hello everyone, im Ricky Van, an ordinary gamer who loves every type of game in every genre (excluding game that emphasize on lootbox and money-grabbing scheme)

i found this forum & Valyria Tear from recommendation i've got from my friend in github who were working on open source zombie survival sandbox game "Cataclysm : Dark Days Ahead". and i've been looking for open-source game around internet for a while now.

im starting to love open-source game after recently playing classic/ASCII roguelike games like ADOM, Angband and Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead, and JRPG as Elona.

i don't have any skills in programming but i've been involved in some sort of beta-testing program where i have to report every bug or features that aren't working properly.
Ricky_Van

Postby dulsi » 20 Sep 2019, 17:00

Welcome Vytautas, Wilker and Ricky Van.

Ricky Van: If you want to help test, I believe HedgeWars was looking for people to do some testing before the new release. I don't see how anyone could like every type of game but maybe that is just me.

Wilker: Not having a computer does restrict one's ability to contribute. Based on your posts I assume you have an android device to use. Unfortunately development generally requires a computer. Still you can contribute on documentation or possibly other tasks like testing, artwork, and music.
dulsi

Postby gsbhasin123 » 21 Sep 2019, 21:16

dulsi: I am considering contributing some code for SuperTuxKart. Why do you think I'm into STK? Because of my posts? Anyways you're correct.
gsbhasin123

Postby Trying_Hard » 23 Sep 2019, 23:30

Hello guys, Im Trying_Hard, and happy to enjoy this forum.
Looking for playing, and...maybe, get some money from that.
Any suggestions are really welcome.
th
Trying_Hard