Introduce yourself

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby nkirk01 » 29 Aug 2023, 08:27

Hi, I am nkirk.
I aspire to develop something interesting with SDL2 with C++.
nkirk01

Postby Nasim » 06 Sep 2023, 12:22

Hi i am new bie
Nasim

Postby stgiga » 15 Sep 2023, 06:23

Hello, I'm stgiga, a techie who over the years has made quite a few things that could be of use to game developers, but has only ever done one game, that being a browser game. I guess I tend to make assets more than I make games. My assets range from typography (UnifontEX, my mod of GNU Unifont that increases compatibility significantly and has official blessing by the lead developer), to my JummBox SoundFont (CC-BY-SA4 or GPL3) which gives MIDI music a chiptune feel to it while not being harsh, to BWTC32Key (GPL2), which is a file compression program I wrote, but the special part is that it has Base32768 text output and AES256-CTR encryption (which doesn't need padding), so it's an excellent way to make level or save passwords like ones seen in retro games, except that these would store much more data in the same amount of characters. I also have made quite a few 3D models that would make great art assets for games, and I've dabbled in turning nature photographs I've taken into textures. Also, I've written a demo song for my SoundFont (I've made other SoundFonts but not other songs), and I've publicized ALL source files for it. Additionally, I'm good at using image programs, and have done SOME 2D art and animation before. Oh, and my career pathway is that of a technical writer. (For context, I'm 21 and in college and unemployed.) None of the projects I do have anything to do with my career goals, so I don't want to bother with charging for them. Basically, I get bored VERY easily and for years (at least a decade), I have staved off boredom by doing endless amounts of tech projects, and not stopping at just one type. Me, out of an abundance of hubris, tries to do them all, and doesn't actually fail at it.

I am happy that there are forums about game development out there, and I applaud all of your efforts.
I'm a nonbinary techie who does various types of tech projects when bored, and my pronouns are they/them.
stgiga

Postby Julius » 19 Sep 2023, 12:47

Admin announcement:

Since this section of the forum is archived now, please disregard older instructions and just post in the remaining open hosted forums section of interest. First post approvals might take some time as this forum is mostly unmaintained.
Julius
Community Moderator