Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself

Postby timong » 07 Dec 2009, 16:17

This thread could be the chime-in thread.

Let me start it, to have my account validated!

I'm timong, dev of jcrpg from Hungary. I have composed some music for FOSS games too (scourge, PARPG).
timong

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby charlie » 07 Dec 2009, 18:34

I'm Charlie (might rename 'freegamer'->'charlie') who wastes lots of time ready the whole Internet and sometimes blogs about Free games...
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Arthur » 07 Dec 2009, 18:55

I'm Arthur (real name Magne) from Norway. I'm somewhat involved in the SuperTuxKart project, where I write on the blog and test stuff. I've also had two musical pieces in the game, though one was removed a couple versions ago, and the other one might get replaced pretty soon as well. Game music isn't my strongest side. ;)
Otherwise, I've contributed some sci-fi type sound effects on OpenGameArt.org; feel free to use them if you want.
Arthur

Postby Sindwiller » 07 Dec 2009, 19:41

Hi, I'm Sindwiller. I'm a guy who originally comes from Bulgaria but is living in Switzerland, so I'm a immigrant so to say :D I do random stuff - game design discussions, help with game art or music - in the FOSS gamedev world. I like to play non-FOSS games, too, though. I have a blog (see signature) and I've recently opened a identi.ca account, but I probably won't use it anyway.
Last edited by Sindwiller on 10 Dec 2009, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
My gamedesign blawg!
<remaxim>well, it is called freegamedev... means you develop games for other people for free xD

.Net/Mono is a rabid beast cursed with M$-specific limitations and sh*t. XNA isn't much better. Remember that, kids.
Sindwiller

Postby Julius » 07 Dec 2009, 23:07

I am Julius... sort of the old and now a bit tired FOSS game art lobbyist around here (used to run the FreeGameArts website).
I am from Germany, and pretty much a Linux gamer... thus FOSS games is what I get for the most part ;)

Recently I started posting on the FreeGamer blog too, since qudobup doesn't have that much time any more... but I guess I can't fill in his shoes (no time either).

Will probably not be around much soon either, since I will be on the other side of the world for a few months (not game related project :p and probably very limited internet access )... so someone needs to help out with the blog :(

Oh... never really worked on a project of my own... contributed to a few mods and games 3D models, since that is what I do best, but lately I lack a bit the motivation (and time) to work on stuff. But if you have questions regarding Wings3D and Blender I might be able to answer them.
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby ghoulsblade » 08 Dec 2009, 00:10

ghoulsblade here, living in germany, liked libs: ogre3d, lua, löve2d projects involved in: iris2,sfz,freeartsearch . 'nuff said, have fun =)
ghoulsblade
Global Moderator

Postby qubodup » 08 Dec 2009, 00:40

I am Iwan, I live in Berlin. Independence and games are cool I guess. I have a cold since yesterday.
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby Sindwiller » 08 Dec 2009, 16:15

I have a cold since yesterday.

Epic storytelling. :D
Last edited by Sindwiller on 10 Dec 2009, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
My gamedesign blawg!
<remaxim>well, it is called freegamedev... means you develop games for other people for free xD

.Net/Mono is a rabid beast cursed with M$-specific limitations and sh*t. XNA isn't much better. Remember that, kids.
Sindwiller

My first moderated post ever

Postby Tranberry » 08 Dec 2009, 22:05

moo

-- edit --

Graphic design, user experience and rants.
Cold Sweden. born in may '84.
Tranberry
Community Moderator

Postby fdelapena » 09 Dec 2009, 18:11

Hi all, I'm Fran, from Barcelona.
Dev involved in EasyRPG (free RPG Maker interpreter).
fdelapena

Postby xapantu » 09 Dec 2009, 19:00

Hi,
I am xapantu.
It is only to validate my account. :D
xapantu

Postby hagish » 10 Dec 2009, 13:27

Hy, i'm Sebastian from Germany, also working on iris2 (ghoulsblade and i often do projects together) and on of the server admins.
hagish
Global Moderator

Postby acme_pjz » 10 Dec 2009, 15:48

Hi,
I am acme_pjz, from China :mrgreen: .
I like Visual Basic programming :roll: making and playing puzzle games ... except for SuperTuxKart ( is not a puzzle game ) :mrgreen:
Some of my open source games on GitHub
acme_pjz

Postby DarkBaboon » 10 Dec 2009, 17:14

Hi, I'm DarkBaboon, a young daddy, linux gamer enthusiast, living in France.

I'm interested or involved in few game projects like Pydza, TA3D, pink-pony and various toddler games like grabouille or omnitux.

I contribute mainly in fossgaming area by testing (a lot), submitting bug reports and feature requests, coding (a little) and creating packages for my beloved distribution Archlinux. :D
Join us and/or follow me if you dare to come on Identica!
DarkBaboon

Postby Pixel » 12 Dec 2009, 20:41

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

I'm Pixel.

I'm from the Southern United States. I like to tinker with computers, and Super TuxKart on occasion.
Pixel

Postby VladimirSlavik » 12 Dec 2009, 23:17

Hello!
I am Vladimír Slávik from Czechia. My traceable presence around the internet is mostly either as one of guys around Simutrans, or translator for Wesnoth. Apart from translating and general project maintenance I occasionally write some code in Delphi and Python, or sometimes massacre graphics. Duh, what else... I'm rather hesitant to fully join projects since it's (for me) kind of hard to leave :)
VladimirSlavik

Postby ElCuGo » 13 Dec 2009, 09:28

Hi! I'm Elio and I'm from Mexico. I currently work on ToME the roguelike and I have acontributed a bit of patches here and there. I like coding but I like to do graphics from time to time.
ElCuGo

Postby Zlodo » 14 Dec 2009, 12:48

I'm Antoine, I'm french and have been interested with game developpment ever since I started programming and worked in the video game industry for a few years, which is great because at least there I actually completed game projects unlike my hobby projects which never seem to ever manage to lift off past prototyping the basic technologies before I get distracted by a shiny new thing like the go language :|
Zlodo

Postby qubodup » 14 Dec 2009, 23:57

freegamer {l Wrote}:I'm Charlie (might rename 'freegamer'->'charlie') who wastes lots of time ready the whole Internet and sometimes blogs about Free games...

I support renaming, otherwise it can get confusing if you or the blog is meant. Blogs should not have the name of their author (especially when he's not the only one :) )
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby portets » 15 Dec 2009, 02:59

hello everyone. i'm shamus from the usa and i'm here to support everyone's FOSS projects
portets

Postby krozzie » 15 Dec 2009, 15:38

Hi, my name is trev
I'm looking to contribute the community (both online and at work) to focus consumers towards free open source games. There is such a lack of respect what free & open source apps stand for.

When consumers want a product and they aren't willing to pay top dollar for it, I always give them the better alternative! The capitalist society (I live in) are not aware of the alternatives. We can only teach them!

Peace.
krozzie

Postby m64 » 15 Dec 2009, 16:23

Hello, I am m64, from Poland. I am frequently involved in idle talk about FOSS gaming that I like to call philosophy.
m64

Postby andrewj » 15 Dec 2009, 16:38

I'm andrewj and I'm from Australia.
andrewj

Postby Leejjon » 16 Dec 2009, 14:04

Hi, I'm leon. I live in the Netherlands and made a prototype for the fortress project on the old forum. Not sure if this project is going on this new forum.
Leejjon

Postby Tuxide » 17 Dec 2009, 07:43

I am Tuxide Mudslayer, the most hated person in the open gaming scene and I am proud of it. I am permabanned from the #peragro channel on Freenode, and I grief virtual worlds for the sake of finding what is wrong with them. I am to finish my Masters in Computer Science some time in 2010.

This forum won't let me log in with Google Chrome no matter what I do.
Crossfire and Wesnoth played a game of chess. It started out as an open game.
Tuxide